There are 149 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Yall are being trolled by riverrunzthruit, and many can't see through it. He knows some here are insecure about Trey being compared in anyway possible to Kaepernick, and river dude is poking at those insecurities to f**k with yall to diss on Kap (and spew the same o'l recycled s**t many have been for years) while he laughs along and shows his true intentions regarding Trey here...

"I don't think Trey is a natural pure passer, just a great athlete that is learning how to throw the ball, and I think he will always struggle to throw the ball consistently to NFL standards, disappointing considering where we drafted him and what we gave up."

He already has his mind made up... anything else that comes off reasonable in past or future posts, is just to not come off too obvious.

And to others get the f**k out of here with Kap has no work ethic s**t... again keep trying rewrite history. If Kap wasn't good at his job or didn't work hard... no way would he be as successful as he has been in his NFL career. You can't change history or facts that are in NFL records. All you can do is make up s**t.

Don't know if that point was addressed to me but nothing I said about Kap was made up considering it came straight from the mouth of his most trusted WRs in Crabtree.

Everyone knew Kap had a great work ethic, the issue was it wasn't spread out well based on spending more time working on his weaknesses.

Him working out with sprinters to improve his speed certainly took work and effort…but his weaknesses were more on the mental side of the game. When guys are saying you should watch more film…that sends a certain message.

And speculation or not it seems like the results of his career matched up with those words.

Trey has been praised for his work ethic and his time spent on details of the offense and film study. Future is very bright for him.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Not saying Trey is an idiot whatsoever, on the contrary by all accounts he is an intelligent young man... I can teach you proper passing mechanics and you can learn them perfectly but that doesn't mean you will be able throw the ball like Trevor Lawrence (who is a natural passer imo).... some guys can just naturally throw the ball accurately with very little coaching and do this a very early age... it seems to be innate

You haven't defined what a "natural passer" is. Your definition is that they just throw the ball accurately regardless of mechanics or anything else? I assure you that isn't true.

By your "definition" (if you can call it a definition since you haven't really defined it) Trevor Lawrence could have not thrown a football his entire life, picked one up at age of 20 and boom he's accurate because he is just a "natural passer".

In reality, every QB good spends literally thousands of hours perfecting mechanics. The great ones go a level beyond and become machines with it.

There was a great interview with Steve young years ago where he said being a great QB was boring/mundane because you had to become like a machine: mechanics needed to be there, trust your reads mentally, and through muscle memory complete the same motion/mechanical process each time.

It's not about some magical "well I was born with it!" or whatever undefined definition you are using. This doesn't mean I'm saying Trey is guaranteed to refine his mechanics to such a level that he will be a machine (as many of the great were) but just to say that anyone can improve as a QB: can improve mechanics, recognition, accuracy, etc

we just see it differently then, I may be wrong but you seem to imply that all you need to do is teach someone the mechanics of passing and you have a QB... that hasn't been my experience, you can only get so far with mechanics only... the way I have seen it is that passing is like any other gift you can just do it well if you have the gift... it's something you see someone do and it's recognizable, and I don't see this is Trey... this probably won't be the explanation you want but it's the best I can do

The problem is that you only see what you want to. If you watch the high end throws where Trey is in rhythm, and don't see a natural passer then that's on you.

The TD's to Sherfield, Sanu and especially Benjamin all looked pretty natural to me.

You claim Josh Allen to be a natural, yet when you have a QB coach who's worked with both explain that the biggest factor is them trusting their eyes and feeling comfortable, you claim one is natural and one isn't.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
we should only run wildcat formation

Yes because that's 11 on 11 football

all the best offenses in nfl history have had pocket QBs

....as in no fast guys that can scramble and burn you?

As in methodically and effectively executing plays, driving down the field and scoring, while dominating time of possession.

There's been a bunch of great players that are excellent out of the pocket that have led great offenses. This is false,...but the OP already changed his wording, so...

You guys are missing the point, Kyle is pretty much acknowledged to be an excellent offensive mind, and he feels that having a QB the D has to account for can elevate his offense.

That should be enough for everyone.

No one is saying that if you can run you have a good offense, otherwise we'd just have an extra RB on the field.

Kyle has handpicked Trey as he believes he has the ability to be an effective runner AND an execute as a pocket passer.

Kyle isn't starting Trey yet because he doesn't feel that he's ready to deliver the latter part of that statement.

It's just a matter of time, and it'll come quicker than most think.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The problem is that you only see what you want to. If you watch the high end throws where Trey is in rhythm, and don't see a natural passer then that's on you.

The TD's to Sherfield, Sanu and especially Benjamin all looked pretty natural to me.

You claim Josh Allen to be a natural, yet when you have a QB coach who's worked with both explain that the biggest factor is them trusting their eyes and feeling comfortable, you claim one is natural and one isn't.

So now Trey isn't a natural passer?

How does that make sense? What is a natural passer exactly?

You have natural throwers. Guys who have huge arms without having to lift crazy and work on arm strength via mechanics and what not.

Guess what…that's Trey.

There are no natural passers. Playing QB isn't natural. You have to train and the guys who combine best mechanics with best arm strength turn into studs.

I understand some people claiming Trey's release doesn't look smooth or natural. But the kid has tiny amount of experience. I'd be shocked if he didn't keep growing and growing as a passer. Teams gonna be pissing themselves when Trey gets enough experience and gets his mechanics down where they're very consistent. Cuz this offense is going to be a b***h to stop.

Lets go!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Any news on Trey's finger?
Originally posted by mayo49:

I heard it fell off.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I heard it fell off.

Out another two weeks after it broke through the toilet paper on a deep wipe.

I heard it fell off.

I bet it did.

Acho with quite possibly the worst take I've ever heard
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 7, 2021 at 8:14 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I heard it fell off.

Out another two weeks after it broke through the toilet paper on a deep wipe.

Damn, everyone's a comedian, lol.
Originally posted by genus49:
So now Trey isn't a natural passer?

How does that make sense? What is a natural passer exactly?

You have natural throwers. Guys who have huge arms without having to lift crazy and work on arm strength via mechanics and what not.

Guess what…that's Trey.

There are no natural passers. Playing QB isn't natural. You have to train and the guys who combine best mechanics with best arm strength turn into studs.

I understand some people claiming Trey's release doesn't look smooth or natural. But the kid has tiny amount of experience. I'd be shocked if he didn't keep growing and growing as a passer. Teams gonna be pissing themselves when Trey gets enough experience and gets his mechanics down where they're very consistent. Cuz this offense is going to be a b***h to stop.

Lets go!

i dont think people need to be concerned about this treys release is fine

he is late on throws because he double clutches and another issue he has is he always throws using his whole body instead of just his arm. Other than that he needs to work on his ball placement and accuracy which can be fixed with his footwork
i dont think people need to be concerned about this treys release is fine

he is late on throws because he double clutches and another issue he has is he always throws using his whole body instead of just his arm. Other than that he needs to work on his ball placement and accuracy which can be fixed with his footwork

He's late on some of his throws because he's not confident in his reads…it's as simple as that. That's what leads to those double clutches and failed mechanics. We see when he is confident in his read that he has no problem making every throw and his mechanics/ball placement are more than fine.

It's more to do with he's simply not played a ton of football…that's one of the main things that will correct everything, playing football. People gotta deal with the ups and downs and be okay with it.
Share 49ersWebzone