There are 161 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed. Every FO has their blind spots. That's well documented here now.

Do you think he got it right this time?

I hope so or he along with everyone else is gone. This isn't giving up a 2nd mid-season for a QB.this is a long-term investment…They're gonna make sure it's done the right way with Trey.

I will also say this, he will get the most out of Lance just like he has from every QB that he's had. We will have to see what that is…fans need to understand there will be ups and downs in that process, but I'm sure some won't (especially the ones that didn't want Lance to begin with).

Same.

I had very realistic expectations coming in and Trey is already at or exceeded where I expected him to be.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by genus49:
So now Trey isn't a natural passer?

How does that make sense? What is a natural passer exactly?

You have natural throwers. Guys who have huge arms without having to lift crazy and work on arm strength via mechanics and what not.

Guess what…that's Trey.

There are no natural passers. Playing QB isn't natural. You have to train and the guys who combine best mechanics with best arm strength turn into studs.

I understand some people claiming Trey's release doesn't look smooth or natural. But the kid has tiny amount of experience. I'd be shocked if he didn't keep growing and growing as a passer. Teams gonna be pissing themselves when Trey gets enough experience and gets his mechanics down where they're very consistent. Cuz this offense is going to be a b***h to stop.

Lets go!

i dont think people need to be concerned about this treys release is fine

he is late on throws because he double clutches and another issue he has is he always throws using his whole body instead of just his arm. Other than that he needs to work on his ball placement and accuracy which can be fixed with his footwork

Yeah sorry, wasn't implying it's an issue. But I understand why they're saying that.

Some QBs definitely have much smoother mechanics but that's to be fully expected with Trey given his young experience. But it's not an issue that someone should be concerned about.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Acho with quite possibly the worst take I've ever heard

Acho sounded like he was down like a week ago...really terrible take to make though.

Did he seriously act like Jimmy and Trey are pretty much the same type of gf? Lance slightly better runner than Jimmy??? Acho wtf you smoking?

Not to mention the idea that Trey Lance is upset about this is ridiculous. The only guy who should be upset at the 2 QB system is Garoppolo and at this point that's the least of his problems. He knows his time on the team is done and he knows he's making 24 million dollars. He's got nothing to be upset about anymore.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Any news on Trey's finger?

I heard it fell off.

Out another two weeks after it broke through the toilet paper on a deep wipe.

Damn, everyone's a comedian, lol.

Hahaha. I told you we'd get to 1000 pages before a regular season game! He may not even play lol
Originally posted by Heroism:
Any news on Trey's finger?

I heard it fell off.

Out another two weeks after it broke through the toilet paper on a deep wipe.

Damn, everyone's a comedian, lol.

Hahaha. I told you we'd get to 1000 pages before a regular season game! He may not even play lol

Cutting it close...we just need some more Jimmy discussion and sunglasses talk and we'll get there for sure.

I love Jimmy and think he should be the main starter at least for the first few games, but I will say I am so happy to have Lance in Madden.

That ability to roll out is killer!
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I love Jimmy and think he should be the main starter at least for the first few games, but I will say I am so happy to have Lance in Madden.

I made it to the top 100, and for a short stretch in the top 25, without ever rolling out, using bunch close, strong close or the delay TE crap. 🤷‍♂️

I like to make myself feel better about the season so I play franchise mode on rookie level. Just finished beating the Colts like 149 to 0. Bosa had 10 sacks with 9 FFs. I think picked Wentz like 5 times.

Yes it's dumb...but I did it in 2019 so here I go again lol.

I like to make myself feel better about the season so I play franchise mode on rookie level. Just finished beating the Colts like 149 to 0. Bosa had 10 sacks with 9 FFs. I think picked Wentz like 5 times.

Lol. I got so tired of the ridiculously stupid AI in Madden. All-madden, sliders tuned all the up and I was still winning 84-14.

The AI had no situational awareness for down and distance and never adjusted to how you play.

I went into the MUT black hole for a few years. It just gets so toxic that's all about a meta or spending crazy amounts of money. I found MUT draft was my favorite mode. More competitive players, a bit less cheese.

Have you seen his Madden face?

Originally posted by jonnydel:

Lol. I got so tired of the ridiculously stupid AI in Madden. All-madden, sliders tuned all the up and I was still winning 84-14.

The AI had no situational awareness for down and distance and never adjusted to how you play.

I went into the MUT black hole for a few years. It just gets so toxic that's all about a meta or spending crazy amounts of money. I found MUT draft was my favorite mode. More competitive players, a bit less cheese.

Yeah honestly I stopped buying Madden for years. I used to get every version but then when ESPN 2K5 came out I got that and it played SO much better than Madden.

I just got it back in 2019 cuz i think it was on sale and i just enjoyed beating the CPU with crazy stats to hype myself up for the season lol.

I think currently i'm on to the Bears week. I got Trey with like 49 TDs and 0 picks. Bosa with 24.5 sacks.

My favorite was picking off Russell Wilson like 8 times and I think 6 were returned for TDs.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Lmao Madden Is so bad these days It's not worth purchasing to begin with.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

that Bubbles from The Wire?

Yeah honestly I stopped buying Madden for years. I used to get every version but then when ESPN 2K5 came out I got that and it played SO much better than Madden.

I just got it back in 2019 cuz i think it was on sale and i just enjoyed beating the CPU with crazy stats to hype myself up for the season lol.

I think currently i'm on to the Bears week. I got Trey with like 49 TDs and 0 picks. Bosa with 24.5 sacks.

My favorite was picking off Russell Wilson like 8 times and I think 6 were returned for TDs.

Yeah, 2K5 was light-years ahead of Madden but then EA and the NFL decided competition was a bad thing.

I crave good chess matches in football and so every time I try and walk away, it sucks me back in eventually.
Yeah, 2K5 was light-years ahead of Madden but then EA and the NFL decided competition was a bad thing.

I crave good chess matches in football and so every time I try and walk away, it sucks me back in eventually.

it still is.
Share 49ersWebzone