There are 169 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I love Jimmy and think he should be the main starter at least for the first few games, but I will say I am so happy to have Lance in Madden.

That ability to roll out is killer!

Have you seen his Madden face?

that Bubbles from The Wire?

Nah its tRAE LintZ
What's the status on his finger?
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

He banged it.

Lol. He no longer has a splint but he wasn't throwing as of Monday.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Acho with quite possibly the worst take I've ever heard

Acho sounded like he was down like a week ago...really terrible take to make though.

Did he seriously act like Jimmy and Trey are pretty much the same type of gf? Lance slightly better runner than Jimmy??? Acho wtf you smoking?

Not to mention the idea that Trey Lance is upset about this is ridiculous. The only guy who should be upset at the 2 QB system is Garoppolo and at this point that's the least of his problems. He knows his time on the team is done and he knows he's making 24 million dollars. He's got nothing to be upset about anymore.

Those hot take sports talk shows are just there to elicit emotional responses from fans. Shouldn't take them seriously, at all.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Acho with quite possibly the worst take I've ever heard

Acho sounded like he was down like a week ago...really terrible take to make though.

Did he seriously act like Jimmy and Trey are pretty much the same type of gf? Lance slightly better runner than Jimmy??? Acho wtf you smoking?

Not to mention the idea that Trey Lance is upset about this is ridiculous. The only guy who should be upset at the 2 QB system is Garoppolo and at this point that's the least of his problems. He knows his time on the team is done and he knows he's making 24 million dollars. He's got nothing to be upset about anymore.

Those hot take sports talk shows are just there to elicit emotional responses from fans. Shouldn't take them seriously, at all.

They are desperate for drama in the 49ers locker room. It was much better for the media back when Harbaugh and Baalke provided tons of drama.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

He banged it.

Lol. He no longer has a splint but he wasn't throwing as of Monday.

Probably get an update today.
Bring back finger(ing)
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ritz126:
i dont think people need to be concerned about this treys release is fine

he is late on throws because he double clutches and another issue he has is he always throws using his whole body instead of just his arm. Other than that he needs to work on his ball placement and accuracy which can be fixed with his footwork

He's late on some of his throws because he's not confident in his reads…it's as simple as that. That's what leads to those double clutches and failed mechanics. We see when he is confident in his read that he has no problem making every throw and his mechanics/ball placement are more than fine.

It's more to do with he's simply not played a ton of football…that's one of the main things that will correct everything, playing football. People gotta deal with the ups and downs and be okay with it.

I agree with this 100%. A lot of the accuracy problems we've seen aren't likely to be solved from doing thousands of reps against air. In a sterile environment, they are probably non-existent. He needs live reps. Even Shanahan has said that much.

Yup, you can push mechanics and practice all day long but he's not gonna truly develop until he plays live football. Fans are gonna have to deal with the ups and downs just like any rookie QB.

that isnt true at all

you practice mechanics till it becomes second nature so when you are under fire you still have them and this is true for all sports not just football

right now trey has inconsistant mechanics in the pocket typically you see it revert back as the game goes on or he is under pressure thats because it hasnt become second nature to him yet. Playing too much live football before he gets his mechanics sorted out completely can cause it to cement in and become even harder to fix
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 8, 2021 at 10:16 AM ]
that isnt true at all

you practice mechanics till it becomes second nature so when you are under fire you still have them and this is true for all sports not just football

So once they are 2nd nature, you become a robot during live games? There's no possibility of variation from practice to games is what you're saying?
Originally posted by random49er:
that isnt true at all

So once they are 2nd nature, you become a robot during live games? There's no possibility of variation from practice to games is what you're saying?

im talking about mechanics. Ideally you dont want your pocket mechanics to change from throw to throw yes

Originally posted by bigmur49:
I love Jimmy and think he should be the main starter at least for the first few games, but I will say I am so happy to have Lance in Madden.

That ability to roll out is killer!

Have you seen his Madden face?

The struggle is real
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Sep 8, 2021 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

lmao damn, they made Fred into Carlos Hyde
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

lmao damn, they made Fred into Carlos Hyde
I think it might be a trademark issue. Where they have to get the players permission to use their likeness.
Share 49ersWebzone