There are 174 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Back in the day the NFL 2K games were so much better than Madden, but money won out over quality of the product.

Back in the day, Madden games were so much better. They killed the competition & then stopped trying.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

So I've never gone to this website but uh it's looking pretty amazing

Honestly we should hire this guy. I mean how can you deny greatness like this?

Originally posted by Heed49er:
Back in the day the NFL 2K games were so much better than Madden, but money won out over quality of the product.

Back in the day, Madden games were so much better. They killed the competition & then stopped trying.

Shameful thing is they didn't kill the competition due to having a better game. They literally bought up the NFL naming rights as soon as anther company put out a much better game than they had.

Pretty pathetic they were allowed to do that too. Basically guaranteed minimal updates and a s**t product to NFL fans everywhere.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by boast:
Take it from me, as a first-year scout with the Jets, I cracked Kyle Shanahan's dad's first 15-play scripting system prior to the 1998 AFC Championship Game. The "Trey Package," is nothing more than a gimmick. It is pure hype. It is something Shanahan invented to take the heat off himself after 3/4 losing seasons and something to distract everyone from the fact he and team general manager John Lynch have mortgaged the 49ers' future for a sure-fire bust.

OMG this guy still around?

Talk about milking the whole "former scout" and now "worked with Belichick" garbage. I'll give that kid kudos, he was living the dream of every NFL fan and actually got his foot in the door. He was nothing more than an intern.

Read his stuff...he's legit crazy.

Belichick is a great coach but he's terrible at drafting , especially at offensive skill positions. It's why his defenses had to carry that team so often.
Take it from me, as a first-year scout with the Jets, I cracked Kyle Shanahan's dad's first 15-play scripting system prior to the 1998 AFC Championship Game. The "Trey Package," is nothing more than a gimmick. It is pure hype. It is something Shanahan invented to take the heat off himself after 3/4 losing seasons and something to distract everyone from the fact he and team general manager John Lynch have mortgaged the 49ers' future for a sure-fire bust.

OMG this guy still around?

Talk about milking the whole "former scout" and now "worked with Belichick" garbage. I'll give that kid kudos, he was living the dream of every NFL fan and actually got his foot in the door. He was nothing more than an intern.

Read his stuff...he's legit crazy.

That is downright comical. I loved his, "on 3rd down he'll throw short to the left, middle or right"........HO LEE CRAP, he's figured it out, Winston! our quarterback will only throw it to one of 3 places, left, middle or right. WE'RE SCREWED!!!!!

Shameful thing is they didn't kill the competition due to having a better game. They literally bought up the NFL naming rights as soon as anther company put out a much better game than they had.

Pretty pathetic they were allowed to do that too. Basically guaranteed minimal updates and a s**t product to NFL fans everywhere.

100% Not only did Sega produce a better product, they did it at 1/3 the cost. If you remember, Madden 05 debuted at $60 a game(amazing that games haven't been affected by inflation) but then Sega released 2k5 two weeks later at $20 and EA had to drop the price. This is one thing that led to the exclusive rights deal. Sega still hadn't fully recovered from the dreamstation debacle and EA was fresh off several smash COD hits and had very deep pockets. They offered a boatload of cash and higher % perpetuity that Sega couldn't match, especially with Sega trying to undercut the price.

Sucks cause EA just extended that deal with the NFL until 2026. People were really hoping that there would be some sort of breakup of the monopoly after this year but the NFL won't budge.

I really don't understand this. The NBA and MLB don't screw over the consumer this way. Why does the NFL?

Ugh this ass hat has been disproven over and over for yrs…might as well get Joan from payroll take regarding evaluations lol.

They didnt kill the competition because they were better LOL. Im with 49er-from-Yavin. 2K was the superior product.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

100% Not only did Sega produce a better product, they did it at 1/3 the cost. If you remember, Madden 05 debuted at $60 a game(amazing that games haven't been affected by inflation) but then Sega released 2k5 two weeks later at $20 and EA had to drop the price. This is one thing that led to the exclusive rights deal. Sega still hadn't fully recovered from the dreamstation debacle and EA was fresh off several smash COD hits and had very deep pockets. They offered a boatload of cash and higher % perpetuity that Sega couldn't match, especially with Sega trying to undercut the price.

Sucks cause EA just extended that deal with the NFL until 2026. People were really hoping that there would be some sort of breakup of the monopoly after this year but the NFL won't budge.

I really don't understand this. The NBA and MLB don't screw over the consumer this way. Why does the NFL?

Yup, i forgot about the $20 price tag on 2K5. I bought it mostly cuz TO was on the cover lol. Wasn't even really going to play it cuz I was always a Madden guy but then I couldn't stop playing it and couldn't go back to Madden cuz it was such a better experience.

Yup, i forgot about the $20 price tag on 2K5. I bought it mostly cuz TO was on the cover lol. Wasn't even really going to play it cuz I was always a Madden guy but then I couldn't stop playing it and couldn't go back to Madden cuz it was such a better experience.

Sucks because I have always been a 2K guy since it released. I have had a hard time moving to Madden even today. Yes, I am living in the past. Sue me LOL.

It's crazy that NFL 2k5 is still a better football game than anything that has come out since. I guess it isn't that crazy, because I look at Madden today and it doesn't feel like the game has progressed much, if at all, in the last 16 years other than graphically.

You're right, hence myprevious statement that money won out over quality.

Apparently EA was also able to re-write history so a few misguided people actually believe Madden was always better than anything else.

I reiterate my stance, the NFL 2K games were better than Madden games at the time they both existed.

Madden only became better than everything else when their competition stopped being able to make anything else.

Full 30 minute interview between Maiocco and Lance.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 8, 2021 at 12:20 PM ]

The legend of that game still exists quite exuberantly today. There's actually a good YT video on the infamy of the game. I remember laughing so hard at some hardcore Madden fanboys when in 2011 EA's biggest marketing push was that they had greatly advanced the game that year and the director of development said, "we're tired of hearing about NFL 2k5 and how great is was so we've really put a lot into this game so that we can finally put it to rest".

Like.....you're saying that you're all proud of yourselves because you made a game you think is better....7 freaking years later?!?

Sad thing is, the only thing that Madden has over 2k5, to this day, is graphics. The graphics were not great in 2k5 but the game play was so much better. You still have ridiculously bad suction animations and false triggers all over madden. I remember last year it being a huge problem until a massive update that your running back would trip over air and go into a stumble animation. I had beat a guy on an outside zone one play, with Mostert juiced up to 98 speed, and was way out in front headed for an 80 yard TD. 30 yards downfield he just stumbles and falls over out of bounds.....next play he fumbles on a 3 yard run up the middle.....
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

They didnt kill the competition because they were better LOL. Im with 49er-from-Yavin. 2K was the superior product.

?
The Madden games when they had competition were better than the Madden games after they got the exclusive deal.
Share 49ersWebzone