There are 189 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I understand this is the Trey Lance thread, so apologies for my two recent posts straying from the actual topic of our future franchise quarterback.

I think Trey could start right now if he had to (or if the 49ers needed him to) and we could deal with the bumps along the way, but I am very happy we have the luxury of not needing him to start at the start of this season. However it works out he'll be starting soon enough. If it's not evident yet, Trey Lance is developing into the FQB we've been looking for since Steve Young was forced into retirement. Many reasons for us as fans to be excited.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah it's been years and they still don't have his face. Unreal.
I think it might be a trademark issue. Where they have to get the players permission to use their likeness.

I don't think so. Not unless the player isn't in the NFLPA.

They do need special permissions for tattoos, because the artist owns the copyright. But not their likeness, if they are in the NFLPA. Unless I'm mistaken.

They DO need their permission for them to actually sit down in Orlando and get face scanned, though.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Last year this happened

💀
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I think it might be a trademark issue. Where they have to get the players permission to use their likeness.

I don't think so. Not unless the player isn't in the NFLPA.

They do need special permissions for tattoos, because the artist owns the copyright. But not their likeness, if they are in the NFLPA. Unless I'm mistaken.

They DO need their permission for them to actually sit down in Orlando and get face scanned, though.

Yea, it's a union thing. I remember Lavar Arrington wasn't in the NFLPA, so he wasn't in the NFL2k games at all.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by boast:
Take it from me, as a first-year scout with the Jets, I cracked Kyle Shanahan's dad's first 15-play scripting system prior to the 1998 AFC Championship Game. The "Trey Package," is nothing more than a gimmick. It is pure hype. It is something Shanahan invented to take the heat off himself after 3/4 losing seasons and something to distract everyone from the fact he and team general manager John Lynch have mortgaged the 49ers' future for a sure-fire bust.

Same guy that wrote this:

It is absolutely absurd he is even in first-round draft discussions. Lance is the most over-rated prospect in my 40 years of watching football. I feel like the world is trying to make a practice squad player into a franchise QB.

This pair of clown shoes said Trey had average arm strength. Meanwhile James is trying to protect himself from Trey's "average" passes.
This pair of clown shoes said Trey had average arm strength. Meanwhile James is trying to protect himself from Trey's "average" passes.

"Former" NFL scout.

Now this explains the former part.
The Jets lost that game.
Take it from me, as a first-year scout with the Jets, I cracked Kyle Shanahan's dad's first 15-play scripting system prior to the 1998 AFC Championship Game.
Originally posted by RasSuar:
The Jets lost that game.
Take it from me, as a first-year scout with the Jets, I cracked Kyle Shanahan's dad's first 15-play scripting system prior to the 1998 AFC Championship Game.

But they didn't lose it in the first 15 plays.
Those are some really strong words from that former scout. Like really extreme

He's damn near saying he's going to be the biggest bust of all time. (Says he's a practice squad player) I get not liking a player and thinking they have major flaws but you still want to be rational otherwise it's hard to take serious.

Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Same guy that wrote this:

It is absolutely absurd he is even in first-round draft discussions. Lance is the most over-rated prospect in my 40 years of watching football. I feel like the world is trying to make a practice squad player into a franchise QB.
Why should people care about the opinions of a "former" someone?

Yeah it's been years and they still don't have his face. Unreal.

why would you want your likeness associated with a s**tty game like madden
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Those are some really strong words from that former scout. Like really extreme

He's damn near saying he's going to be the biggest bust of all time. (Says he's a practice squad player) I get not liking a player and thinking they have major flaws but you still want to be rational otherwise it's hard to take serious.

Well looking at his picture he looks like a douche. Now I know it's not right to judge a book by it's cover but in this case it seems accurate.
Just found this article on that scout too about Wilson:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/zach-wilson-scouting-report-bust-nfl-scout/1guajrvpegie01u63fy4vooqgg
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
But they didn't lose it in the first 15 plays.

So I guess this guy's analysis is f**ked by the 3rd quarter!

Share 49ersWebzone