Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 228 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Urban is out.
I doubt they hire a rookie HC. They need an experienced HC that can work with Trevor.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Urban is out.
I doubt they hire a rookie HC. They need an experienced HC that can work with Trevor.
When your HC making dumbass decisions worst than the players lol

In retrospect, he has no NFL experience and a prima donna college coach that can lose interest quickly every where he goes. Not good for the NFL. I don't think he realized how much commitment that goes into rebuilding a team in the NFL.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 16, 2021 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When your HC making dumbass decisions worst than the players lol

In retrospect, he has no NFL experience and a prima donna college coach that can lose interest quickly every where he goes. Not good for the NFL. I don't think he realized how much commitment that goes into rebuilding a team in the NFL.

He's never been in a role where he has to be held accountable either. Universities will look the other way if you're winning and its totally okay to throw blame on your staff and collegiate athletes. He couldn't get away with that mentality when everyone around you is a professional. Kicking a player, grinding with some random girl and all of this other nonsense does not fly in the NFL.
That's completely stupid. Urban Meyer is a good football coach. You can't give him less than 1 year. Have some patience. I believe Jimmy Johnson was 1 - 15 with Troy Aikman the first year. Stupid owner Kahn. I'm not surprised he loses every year no matter who he hires. He's almost as stupid as the Yorks. Build another hot tub at the stadium and maybe the fans will come and watch more losing seasons. LOL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's completely stupid. Urban Meyer is a good football coach. You can't give him less than 1 year. Have some patience. I believe Jimmy Johnson was 1 - 15 with Troy Aikman the first year. Stupid owner Kahn. I'm not surprised he loses every year no matter who he hires. He's almost as stupid as the Yorks. Build another hot tub at the stadium and maybe the fans will come and watch more losing seasons. LOL.

What? 1st year head coaches don't usually have themselves dipped in controversy from the start of their hiring. Urban has from essentially day 1. He's been a distraction, he has been engulfed in turmoil with coaches and players on that team; especially, lately. He had to go. The guy lacks a moral compass and common sense, and hopefully he's done coaching for good. After his stints in Florida, Ohio State, and now Jacksonville, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is.

Some of what led to his firing :

He hired a strength coach with accusations of racism and, of course, bullying, got caught on tape partying during the season with a young woman that wasn't his wife, repeatedly lied in news conferences, threw players and staffers under the bus for mistakes, allegedly kicked a kicker while he was stretching

He lost that locker room before the end of year one.
If I'm Khan prior to the firing I would have lawyered up and busted out the overhead projector ala Al Davis in the day. Fire this dude with cause. Seems like there is plenty of cause. No reason he should be on the hook for $50 mil or whatever it is.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If I'm Khan prior to the firing I would have lawyered up and busted out the overhead projector ala Al Davis in the day. Fire this dude with cause. Seems like there is plenty of cause. No reason he should be on the hook for $50 mil or whatever it is.

I'm pretty sure thats why he held off for as long a he has. He had lawyers picking through that contract to ensure that he doesn't have to pay Urban the rest of that contract.
I'm betting they will avoid the college ranks next time around. If I'm Jax, I'm looking in state to a former Jag QB, Byron Leftwich. Just makes way too much sense.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm betting they will avoid the college ranks next time around. If I'm Jax, I'm looking in state to a former Jag QB, Byron Leftwich. Just makes way too much sense.

Young and hungry coaches. I thought the guy in Cincinnati, Kingsbury, and Vrabel would fall on their faces but I was wrong. Let the younger guys have their chances. In some ways they may be more relatable to the NFL players of today. And most of them are willing to grind for their success.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 16, 2021 at 9:48 AM ]
Anyone remember Bobby Petrino with the Falcons? Especially when and specifically how he quit like a b**** before the end of the season to go to Arkansas? Yeah, Meyer somehow (or maybe it was expected) turned out to be even worse.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

What? 1st year head coaches don't usually have themselves dipped in controversy from the start of their hiring. Urban has from essentially day 1. He's been a distraction, he has been engulfed in turmoil with coaches and players on that team; especially, lately. He had to go. The guy lacks a moral compass and common sense, and hopefully he's done coaching for good. After his stints in Florida, Ohio State, and now Jacksonville, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is.

A winning football coach? He wins everywhere he goes. He'd win here too if they gave him enough time. Dancing with a girl in a bar. LOL. So what?

A winning football coach? He wins everywhere he goes. He'd win here too if they gave him enough time. Dancing with a girl in a bar. LOL. So what?

You're completely downplaying the fact that he lost the locker room and that includes the coaching staff.

That's not the type of grinding Kahn wants from the HC. Even after Kahn made the statement of 'regain our trust and respect', apparently Meyer gives no s**t lol
Share 49ersWebzone