There are 252 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
It's happened. Let's just be real about the situation when we have 2 coaches now that will tell you they've been offered money for it.

The NBA has the lottery now for a reason.

There's actually no evidence "that it happened." Flores rejected Ross's offer and Hue is a moron who conflated being a bad coach with tanking games. His evidence for being paid to tank is that the Browns didn't fire him fast enough.

Players, staff and executives from those Browns teams have all come out in recent days to call Hue an idiot. He seems to be trying to get attention for himself by latching on to some genuine complaints that Flores has.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's happened. Let's just be real about the situation when we have 2 coaches now that will tell you they've been offered money for it.

There's actually no evidence "that it happened." Flores rejected Ross's offer and Hue is a moron who conflated being a bad coach with tanking games. His evidence for being paid to tank is that the Browns didn't fire him fast enough.

Players, staff and executives from those Browns teams have all come out in recent days to call Hue an idiot. He seems to be trying to get attention for himself by latching on to some genuine complaints that Flores has.

I have no doubt that's it's happened before and will continue to happen.

https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/16/16077336/nfl-tanking-nightmare-new-york-jets-cleveland-browns-competitive-balance-6c9f3937811b

Agreed....Hue trying to get a pay day as well maybe. You can't expect a whole organization to tank top to bottom, not the way the players are paid, the turnover yr to yr, and s**t the Browns FO who would have to agree with the tanking all got canned just as well lol.

edit: saw this and chuckled

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 4, 2022 at 8:34 AM ]
Pederson to jaguars. Not a bad choice at all. Everyone is still uneasy about baalke, which is understandable. I don't understand how he has the job. Hoping for them the spielman rumor is true cause that would be huge for them.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Pederson to jaguars. Not a bad choice at all. Everyone is still uneasy about baalke, which is understandable. I don't understand how he has the job. Hoping for them the spielman rumor is true cause that would be huge for them.

solid hire. Especially if he brings Nagy with him as OC. And Schwartz as DC

Hue loves Hue. Not surprising he interjected himself into this
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Agreed....Hue trying to get a paid day as well maybe. You can't expect a whole organization to tank top to bottom, not the way the players are paid, the turnover yr to yr, and s**t the Browns FO who would have to agree with the tanking all got canned just as well lol.

I don't take Hugh Jackson seriously at all. No coach has ever had two seasons as bad as his and got a third partial season. He blames everyone but himself. He will do almost anything to stay in the spotlight. If he was offered money and didn't take it he is a fool, because averaging 1/2 a win per season over two years when you are trying to win is beyond pathetic.

I believe Flores. He did a good job especially with often injured Tua. I think he got fired unfairly. They had a very good second half of the season. Is it his fault they drafted Tua before Herbert? He definitely didn't take the money and/or tank.

Random49. One player in the NBA can have a much bigger impact than an NFL player, and thus the lottery. Do you really think that both coaches were offered money to lose, refused it, and then purposely tanked for free? If they were that corrupt to purposely tank they likely would have been corrupt enough to take the money. Let's just be real you don't get the three parts of the "crime" the offer, acceptance, and action. You don't seem to understand the second two parts are necessary to tank for pay.
Originally posted by pdfortune:

Agreed....Hue trying to get a paid day as well maybe. You can't expect a whole organization to tank top to bottom, not the way the players are paid, the turnover yr to yr, and s**t the Browns FO who would have to agree with the tanking all got canned just as well lol.

I don't take Hugh Jackson seriously at all. No coach has ever had two seasons as bad as his and got a third partial season. He blames everyone but himself. He will do almost anything to stay in the spotlight. If he was offered money and didn't take it he is a fool, because averaging 1/2 a win per season over two years when you are trying to win is beyond pathetic.

I believe Flores. He did a good job especially with often injured Tua. I think he got fired unfairly. They had a very good second half of the season. Is it his fault they drafted Tua before Herbert? He definitely didn't take the money and/or tank.

Random49. One player in the NBA can have a much bigger impact than an NFL player, and thus the lottery. Do you really think that both coaches were offered money to lose, refused it, and then purposely tanked for free? If they were that corrupt to purposely tank they likely would have been corrupt enough to take the money. Let's just be real you don't get the three parts of the "crime" the offer, acceptance, and action. You don't seem to understand the second two parts are necessary to tank for pay.

Yeah agreed, I don't trust a damn thing Hue says.

I like Flores and think he's a good coach...I got no problem with him doing what he's doing right now. Firing him IMO was stupid, anyone could see he had that team doing whatever they could to win. I question his coaching hires overall (OCs were awful) but the GM IMO hasn't really done his job properly either. I hope Flores get's a HC job this cycle. Not sure it happens though.

Dude if they don't hire a single minority HC with like a 3rd of the league looking for a new HC...that's horrible optics and proves his point even more.

I like Flores and think he's a good coach...I got no problem with him doing what he's doing right now. Firing him IMO was stupid, anyone could see he had that team doing whatever they could to win. I question his coaching hires overall (OCs were awful) but the GM IMO hasn't really done his job properly either. I hope Flores get's a HC job this cycle. Not sure it happens though.

Dude if they don't hire a single minority HC with like a 3rd of the league looking for a new HC...that's horrible optics and proves his point even more.

If Josh Mccown gets the Houston job case closed. He has never been a coach other than apparently some High School QB Coach experience. I believe in hiring the best, but taking chances on career backups with no real coaching experience is absurd. How he got an interview is amazing. It reminds me of the kids game shoots and ladders. The black ladders are mighty long, and some of the white ladders are mighty short.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Wow, and I remember when posters used to tell me that Tanking on purpose wasn't real and never happens

But it didn't. There's no evidence that Flores was tanking, just that the idiot owner brought it up. Any coach with an ounce of respect for their staff and players would be right to tell the owner to get f**ked.

Let's be real? Okay sure there are a couple unsubstantiated allegations. That's what's real. You can assume all you want. Homie don't play that.

Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Kafka is a steal honestly. He's the guy who has been working hands on with Mahomes since he was a rookie. There were many in KC that felt he was being groomed to replace Reid but because Bieniemy didn't get any action, KC couldn't offer him the OC spot and now he's off to the Giants.

Keeping Graham is great for them as well. He's a stud

Raiders are interviewing him for DC.
Originally posted by pdfortune:

If Josh Mccown gets the Houston job case closed. He has never been a coach other than apparently some High School QB Coach experience. I believe in hiring the best, but taking chances on career backups with no real coaching experience is absurd. How he got an interview is amazing. It reminds me of the kids game shoots and ladders. The black ladders are mighty long, and some of the white ladders are mighty short.

Texans owner is nuts form what I read. The GM was somehow allowed on the headset during games when the coach was trying to make calls. Apparently the owner has a best friend that he lets make a lot of team decisions.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I thought Leftwhich was gonna be their guy. I never thought Pederson was the greatest coach but he has solid credentials. Wentz regressed a lot under him so I thought they might want to get another guy to work with Lawrence.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I thought Leftwhich was gonna be their guy. I never thought Pederson was the greatest coach but he has solid credentials. Wentz regressed a lot under him so I thought they might want to get another guy to work with Lawrence.

It was the Pederson/Reich conundrum, but Pederson still managed to make the playoffs 2 more times with a regressing Wentz (+ Foles at the end of 2018).
Share 49ersWebzone