Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 247 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 4, 2022 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

They should have just tweeted we hired Brady as QB coach with no photo watched their twitter explode.
Baalke having a job is beyond reasoning. The man single handedly destroyed a 49er team that would have competed for years.

any one of us who did that would be hung. Brian Flores got it all wrong. He should simply point to tb and say this mofo still got a job and got fired?

I thought I had read Mick Lombardi was already hired as their OC

Heck it's even updated on Wiki he's their OC. Must have been premature reporting.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 4, 2022 at 12:22 PM ]
Looks like Fangio and Ed Donatell broke up.

Originally posted by evil:

That should be a pretty easy system transition for DeFo though as Gus runs a version of what we run here.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 4, 2022 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I wonder where fangio gonna go? I'd love to have him if ryans ever left but I'm not sure if this team fits a 3-4 defense.

"You gave up how many picks for this guy? He can't even cover his own shadow"
Raiders just hired Patrick Graham as DC.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that quote a reference too?
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is that quote a reference too?

Jamal Adams.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 4, 2022 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

Surprising and I wonder why. Seems like a pretty good gig and sounded like he was ready to leave Michigan.

This doesn't really involve us much but I was kind of excited to see Harbaugh back in the NFL.

Imagine Seattle fires carrol and gets Harbaugh

Meh, I'd see that as a downgrade.

I'd have no fear of playing Harbaugh. Unless he has a clear talent advantage, he isn't beating us. With the Seattle team as currently constructed, we'd sweep them. And I LOVE Harbaugh, but his weaknesses are evident.
Originally posted by grapesofrathman:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I thought Leftwhich was gonna be their guy. I never thought Pederson was the greatest coach but he has solid credentials. Wentz regressed a lot under him so I thought they might want to get another guy to work with Lawrence.

It was the Pederson/Reich conundrum, but Pederson still managed to make the playoffs 2 more times with a regressing Wentz (+ Foles at the end of 2018).

Pederson is like most coaches, except he has that Super Bowl ring with an improbable run. He should put together a good staff, so there's that. I expect the team to perform better than the the available talent. I doubt they go far however, but we'll see.

Shame. I wish we brought in Donatell to coach the corners. If not Donatell, then I hope the position is filled by a young up and coming coach or perhaps the guy is already on the staff.
Sounds like the Packers are hiring Bissacia as their new STs coordinator. Good move but I was hoping we'd get him to replace Hightower.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I thought Leftwhich was gonna be their guy. I never thought Pederson was the greatest coach but he has solid credentials. Wentz regressed a lot under him so I thought they might want to get another guy to work with Lawrence.

The owners are avoiding Eric Bieniemy and Byron Leftwich like the plague. The Saints are "interviewing" Bieniemy. But how many "interviews" has he had?
Share 49ersWebzone