Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 234 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm betting they will avoid the college ranks next time around. If I'm Jax, I'm looking in state to a former Jag QB, Byron Leftwich. Just makes way too much sense.

Yeah, I'd like to see Leftwich get that job. He's up and coming as a coach and knows the area and the fan base. I think he'd be good for them. If not him then I hope Bieniemy gets it he's just over due for a chance at this point. Their number one priority at this point has to be the development of Trevor Lawrence, and I think either ofthese guys would be solid there.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 16, 2021 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
That's completely stupid. Urban Meyer is a good football coach. You can't give him less than 1 year. Have some patience. I believe Jimmy Johnson was 1 - 15 with Troy Aikman the first year. Stupid owner Kahn. I'm not surprised he loses every year no matter who he hires. He's almost as stupid as the Yorks. Build another hot tub at the stadium and maybe the fans will come and watch more losing seasons. LOL.

What? 1st year head coaches don't usually have themselves dipped in controversy from the start of their hiring. Urban has from essentially day 1. He's been a distraction, he has been engulfed in turmoil with coaches and players on that team; especially, lately. He had to go. The guy lacks a moral compass and common sense, and hopefully he's done coaching for good. After his stints in Florida, Ohio State, and now Jacksonville, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is.

A winning football coach? He wins everywhere he goes. He'd win here too if they gave him enough time. Dancing with a girl in a bar. LOL. So what?
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 16, 2021 at 12:27 PM ]
According to Sunday afternoon 49ers games Kyle Shannahan will be available.
My bet is Doug Pederson goes to Jacksonville.
If it's Baalke's decision, I wonder if he goes Greg Roman 😬
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If it's Baalke's decision, I wonder if he goes Greg Roman 😬

I'm still hoping he's fired at the end of the season. Let today be all about Urban and then when things die down in a few weeks, fire Baalke.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

What's Sunday Afternoon? I've never heard of that outlet. I just don't see that under any circumstances, but especially if: A. Finish with at least 9 or 10 wins and/or B. Make the playoffs. This isn't a Jim Harbaugh situation where he just burned everyone out.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 16, 2021 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

What's Sunday Afternoon? I've never heard of that outlet. I just don't see that under any circumstances, but especially is A. Finish with at least 9 or 10 wins and/or B. Make the playoffs. This isn't a Jim Harbaugh situation where he just burned everyone out.

Jacksonville is such a mess. They need a young offensive coach to pair with Trevor.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

What's Sunday Afternoon? I've never heard of that outlet. I just don't see that under any circumstances, but especially is A. Finish with at least 9 or 10 wins and/or B. Make the playoffs. This isn't a Jim Harbaugh situation where he just burned everyone out.

Ha ha okay, I get what you're saying. I did read an article speculating that though, which may have lead to me going down the rabbit hole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut.com/jacksonville-jaguars-head-coach-candidates-2022/amp/

I think Leftwich makes a lot of sense. He has experience in a SB winning staff. Young. Got history in the area. He's gonna need a good DC to jumpstart the defense first. Have no idea how he is with the locker room side.

Doug Pederson seemed a bit overrated. He won the SB with Frank Reich who I thought would make a good HC for Indy after the Josh McDaniels debacle. Since then, Pederson got himself fired and Reich doing a good job with all that has happened in Indy. I think Pederson should be plan B
Originally posted by Overkill:
Jacksonville is such a mess. They need a young offensive coach to pair with Trevor.

I think Leftwich would be good there. I'm sure he understands that town.
Yeah, I guess Leftwich makes sense given his connection to the city.

Personally, I'd look at Daboll from Buffalo first. Maybe Bieniemy.
That's completely stupid. Urban Meyer is a good football coach. You can't give him less than 1 year. Have some patience. I believe Jimmy Johnson was 1 - 15 with Troy Aikman the first year. Stupid owner Kahn. I'm not surprised he loses every year no matter who he hires. He's almost as stupid as the Yorks. Build another hot tub at the stadium and maybe the fans will come and watch more losing seasons. LOL.

What? 1st year head coaches don't usually have themselves dipped in controversy from the start of their hiring. Urban has from essentially day 1. He's been a distraction, he has been engulfed in turmoil with coaches and players on that team; especially, lately. He had to go. The guy lacks a moral compass and common sense, and hopefully he's done coaching for good. After his stints in Florida, Ohio State, and now Jacksonville, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is.

A winning football coach? He wins everywhere he goes. He'd win here too if they gave him enough time. Dancing with a girl in a bar. LOL. So what?

Originally posted by evil:

Not necessarily the worst idea. I think every coach should be able to articulate why they are in the building and what they bring to the table. What makes this kinda odd is Meyer is in charge of putting the staff in place. If they are indeed terrible, welp, you picked em dude.
Share 49ersWebzone