Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 242 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
One thing about Bieniemy I didn't realize he has an arrest record. Looks like 5 different incidents over a 14 year period resulting in suspended license, being banned from a college campus for a year, community service and DUI.

What does that have to do with anything? There are current owners and coaches who have done far worse.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
One thing about Bieniemy I didn't realize he has an arrest record. Looks like 5 different incidents over a 14 year period resulting in suspended license, being banned from a college campus for a year, community service and DUI.

What does that have to do with anything? There are current owners and coaches who have done far worse.

What does a record have to do with job prospects? A lot. That's reality. A record gives hiring managers pause even if you're hiring for McDonalds.

What does a record have to do with job prospects? A lot. That's reality. A record gives hiring managers pause even if you're hiring for McDonalds.

So you're saying that the reason he isn't getting hired?

Not THE reason. Just a reason. Only 32 of these jobs on the planet. There are more than 32 people with qualifications and you can pick someone without a record and similar qualifications. I would hire Leftwich over Bieniemy.

Not THE reason. Just a reason. Only 32 of these jobs on the planet. There are more than 32 people with qualifications and you can pick someone without a record and similar qualifications. I would hire Leftwich over Bieniemy.

On top of that, it comes across Reid doesn't mind him leaving too.

I guess that's fare. A DUI 20 years is helping to keep him from head coaching. Gotcha
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This doesn't make any sense to me. Leftwich is a former NFL quarterback that had to work his way up from being a quality control coach to coaching QB's to calling plays for his offense, and not just for Brady, he also had success running the offense in Tampa when Winston was still QB. Dude started at the bottom as a coach and made a natural progression while having experience coaching up the most valuable position in the game.

Bieniemy is a former RB, that has primarily coached RB's and no one can really define what his responsibility in KC is beyond holding a clipboard for Andy Reid while being on a team with the most stacked offensive talent in the NFL.

Beyond that, if you've ever watched an interview with the guy, he comes across like a Singletary/Tomsula meathead that just throws out an endless array of empty football cliches.

Not only that, Ryan Poles who too is black. Came from KC requested the authority to make his own hire and didn't even bother with interviewing EB.

That in and of itself is a sign.
I'm in the right lane. I promise you that they really didn't want to make this move. I bet you rent money that they likely was pressured to not hire who they really wanted. And I bet Lovie will have very little power to do much of anything.

And I see the owners are still avoiding Eric Bieniemy and Byron Leftwich. Bieniemy had a long interview with the Saints. They need to hire him. Not holding my breath though.

Why do they "need" to hire him? What if teams just don't feel he's a good candidate?

Like Krizay mentioned, the Bears hired their GM from the Chiefs organization and he didn't feel it was worth giving Bieniemy the time of day. If a guy who was working in the same building as you goes elsewhere and doesn't feel confident enough in you to give you the job, that alone speaks volumes.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran

fits right in in KC
Originally posted by Deebo:

fits right in in KC

Yup. So glad they are at home watching the game. Bengals need to silence the lambs.

Looks like Lovie got the gig.
Lovie smith as the Texans HC. They should've gotten Flores but Lovie is a well respected HC in the NFL, but I feel like he might be behind the times so hope for them he gets a high quality OC.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Lovie smith as the Texans HC. They should've gotten Flores but Lovie is a well respected HC in the NFL, but I feel like he might be behind the times so hope for them he gets a high quality OC.

Should have just stuck with Culley.

I feel like McCown will be OC and Lovie will basically be training him to take his job eventually

Bit of an odd hire. My understanding is he was brought in as part of the Culley staff. They fire Culley and promote one of his lieutenants. Not often you see that. I mean the Culley fire was a lil odd in itself as the team was expected to be last place. They could have likely had both men on the sideline next year. Instead they will forge ahead with just one and a change at the top.
Share 49ersWebzone