Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 290 users in the forums

Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Lovie smith as the Texans HC. They should've gotten Flores but Lovie is a well respected HC in the NFL, but I feel like he might be behind the times so hope for them he gets a high quality OC.

Bit of an odd hire. My understanding is he was brought in as part of the Culley staff. They fire Culley and promote one of his lieutenants. Not often you see that. I mean the Culley fire was a lil odd in itself as the team was expected to be last place. They could have likely had both men on the sideline next year. Instead they will forge ahead with just one and a change at the top.

I am just glad we aren't part of the dysfunction anymore.
Lovie smith as the Texans HC. They should've gotten Flores but Lovie is a well respected HC in the NFL, but I feel like he might be behind the times so hope for them he gets a high quality OC.

Sounds like they are targeting Pep Hamilton for that role, also trying to land Munchak on the OL.
According to Chiefs fans, Eric Bieniemy's contract is up.

Bit of an odd hire. My understanding is he was brought in as part of the Culley staff. They fire Culley and promote one of his lieutenants. Not often you see that. I mean the Culley fire was a lil odd in itself as the team was expected to be last place. They could have likely had both men on the sideline next year. Instead they will forge ahead with just one and a change at the top.

It is. I thought Lovie was wrongly fired in his previous two stops and he is mire qualified than Culley, but this makes no sense. You were comfortable enough with Culley to hire him, fire him a year later and promote the defensive coordinator? And the other finalist was Josh McCown?

I fully think the NFL has an issue hiring black coaches but this Josh McCown s**t is a slap in the face to anyone who interviewed, any OC, DC, special teams coach who never gets a shot, etc.

all the HC vacancies are filled up
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Not sure why the laughing face. I mean he actually coached the Saints this year when Payton was out. They shut out Tom Brady. That kind of stuff gets peoples attention. Figured he would be a real candidate this cycle.

Not sure why the laughing face. I mean he actually coached the Saints this year when Payton was out. They shut out Tom Brady. That kind of stuff gets peoples attention. Figured he would be a real candidate this cycle.

Just another recycled coach. He'll be fired in a year or two.

Could have posted that exact comment about Bill Belichick. Who knows? I'm excited to see how it plays out. No reason to trash a guy you never met. Let's give benefit of the doubt. Those defensive performances this year against Brady I was pumped up just watching em just as a fan of the game.

Which might be all the Saints are looking for. With Payton and Brees out the door, now may as be a good a time as any to start the rebuilding/cap hell process, especially if they can't land a quality starting quarterback. Suck it up for a few years, rebuild the roster and find a QBOTF.
Originally posted by krizay:
I feel like McCown will be OC and Lovie will basically be training him to take his job eventually

Texans are weirdly obsessed with McCown. I mean he seems to have potential as a coach so we'll see.

Jesus Texans and Washington are doing an arms race of who is the most dysfunctional.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
According to Chiefs fans, Eric Bieniemy's contract is up.

Interesting. He gets hyped up but never gets a hc gig. I wonder what's up?

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It is. I thought Lovie was wrongly fired in his previous two stops and he is mire qualified than Culley, but this makes no sense. You were comfortable enough with Culley to hire him, fire him a year later and promote the defensive coordinator? And the other finalist was Josh McCown?

I fully think the NFL has an issue hiring black coaches but this Josh McCown s**t is a slap in the face to anyone who interviewed, any OC, DC, special teams coach who never gets a shot, etc.

My thoughts as well. Lovie did get screwed in Chicago cause I thought they were decent with him. I'm glad he has another shot but this roster is a mess. Hoping they have a plan this year, starting with figuring out the Watson situation.
Originally posted by rockzz:

Texans hired Freddie Gibbs? Lol

Which might be all the Saints are looking for. With Payton and Brees out the door, now may as be a good a time as any to start the rebuilding/cap hell process, especially if they can't land a quality starting quarterback. Suck it up for a few years, rebuild the roster and find a QBOTF.

ya the saints coach is being set up to fail

horrible salary cap and no QB and money tied up in QB position too
Originally posted by ritz126:

ya the saints coach is being set up to fail

horrible salary cap and no QB and money tied up in QB position too

Yup! At least their defense is gonna be good. But holy crap they need a paraag type person in their FO bad. Gonna be the aints for a couple of years
Share 49ersWebzone