Head coaching candidates 2022

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's completely stupid. Urban Meyer is a good football coach. You can't give him less than 1 year. Have some patience. I believe Jimmy Johnson was 1 - 15 with Troy Aikman the first year. Stupid owner Kahn. I'm not surprised he loses every year no matter who he hires. He's almost as stupid as the Yorks. Build another hot tub at the stadium and maybe the fans will come and watch more losing seasons. LOL.

What? 1st year head coaches don't usually have themselves dipped in controversy from the start of their hiring. Urban has from essentially day 1. He's been a distraction, he has been engulfed in turmoil with coaches and players on that team; especially, lately. He had to go. The guy lacks a moral compass and common sense, and hopefully he's done coaching for good. After his stints in Florida, Ohio State, and now Jacksonville, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is.

A winning football coach? He wins everywhere he goes. He'd win here too if they gave him enough time. Dancing with a girl in a bar. LOL. So what?
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Not necessarily the worst idea. I think every coach should be able to articulate why they are in the building and what they bring to the table. What makes this kinda odd is Meyer is in charge of putting the staff in place. If they are indeed terrible, welp, you picked em dude.

And that's why it's wrong. You can't question a coaching staff's abilities when you're the one who hired them and asked them to join you in Jacksonville. Their failures are just as much on him as they are on each of them.
Let the Matt Nagy speculation begin.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Dude should already be gone imo.

Former Bear QB Jim Harbaugh after he wins the NC. Could really see him calling Solider Field home and coaching up Justin.

Former Bear QB Jim Harbaugh after he wins the NC. Could really see him calling Solider Field home and coaching up Justin.

Really?
Originally posted by English:

Really?

Oh yeah. If he wins the NC, he's accomplished all there is in the college game. Winning the SB would be next on his bucket list I imagine. He spent years in Chicago, wore the uniform, understands the QB position, did wonders with Alex and CK, has a tremendous NFL win percentage, brings the physical run game which Chicago covets (and they have good young runners), could bring Vic Fangio back to CHI as DC (if Denver decides to clean house), has great linebackers like we did in the Harbaugh era, had success as a NFL head coach vs Green Bay which is CHI biggest rival. Would be a home run hire.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Alright alright... since everyone's PMing me left and right about being right all along w/KYLE not being a quality HC and is nothing but a GOOD OC... now I have to go public and tell you guys who I think will be a GREAT HC here that can compete w/the NEW WAVE of coaches around the league...

Since Cris Petersen is retired, I won't include his name here..

But below would be my coaching team for next year...

HC - PJ Fleck;
DC - Mike Zimmer or Brian Flores (whichever one is available)

I hope KS is here for 10 more years - Steelers style.

Not a big fan of Lynch in current role though.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Really?

Oh yeah. If he wins the NC, he's accomplished all there is in the college game. Winning the SB would be next on his bucket list I imagine. He spent years in Chicago, wore the uniform, understands the QB position, did wonders with Alex and CK, has a tremendous NFL win percentage, brings the physical run game which Chicago covets (and they have good young runners), could bring Vic Fangio back to CHI as DC (if Denver decides to clean house), has great linebackers like we did in the Harbaugh era, had success as a NFL head coach vs Green Bay which is CHI biggest rival. Would be a home run hire.

Sean Desai, current DC for the Bears, is actually doing an exceptional job all things considered. And he was a jr assistant under Fangio in Chicago when Vic was DC.
Chris Collinsworth was talking about Byron Leftwich last week and wondering why he didnt get head coaching calls. Whoever was in the booth said that maybe it was because he had Brady as his quarterback. Collinsworth said "tell that to Bill O Brien, Charlie Weiss, and Josh McDaniels"

Awkward silence...

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Chris Collinsworth was talking about Byron Leftwich last week and wondering why he didnt get head coaching calls. Whoever was in the booth said that maybe it was because he had Brady as his quarterback. Collinsworth said "tell that to Bill O Brien, Charlie Weiss, and Josh McDaniels"

Awkward silence...

Besides dude has 5000+ yards with Jameis "Eat a W" Winston. I understand he has Brady and Arians but if anything that's a plus. He's seen how HOF guys do it day and day out. For the Jags when he has worn the uniform it makes too much sense they need a QB in Lawrence's ear too.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Awkward silence...

Besides dude has 5000+ yards with Jameis "Eat a W" Winston. I understand he has Brady and Arians but if anything that's a plus. He's seen how HOF guys do it day and day out. For the Jags when he has worn the uniform it makes too much sense they need a QB in Lawrence's ear too.

He deserves an interview at least. But I don't agree with the group think that Leftwich must be the HC for JAX. There are plenty of strong candidates to become head coach, and plenty of them are POC candidates.

Really?

Big if. Can't see either eventuality myself.
Tomsula to Jags to right the ship to their Lombardi next year.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Tomsula to Jags to right the ship to their Lombardi next year.

With CK at the helm
Share 49ersWebzone