There are 259 users in the forums

Justin Herbert Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
MOMMA said there'll be days like this..
I haven't watched a Chargers game this year, but based on Herbert's rookie year, the talent on the team, and the firing of Anthony Lynn last year, I expected this team to be far better. What's the Chargers issue?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I haven't watched a Chargers game this year, but based on Herbert's rookie year, the talent on the team, and the firing of Anthony Lynn last year, I expected this team to be far better. What's the Chargers issue?

Brandon Staleys reputation as a defensive genius may have been exaggerated.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Brandon Staleys reputation as a defensive genius may have been exaggerated.

They are in serious trouble if this is the wrong hire. Staley was a one year guy so there's that. Too much talent on that team to perform the way they are.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I don't know what to tell you. Herb had the ball in his hands and failed time and time again. I'm agreeing with you the coach should not trust herb and just settle for FGs, especially when you have a QB who has proven he can't get the job done.
As of early December.
Justin Herbert leads the NFL in. . .

4th quarter passing yards (1021)
4th quarter comebacks (5)
4th quarter game winning drives (5)
4th quarter total tds (9) tied with Patrick Mahommes

laser

Brandon Staley's decision to go for broke again and again and again on 4th down and come up empty.

The Chargers lost 2-3 games this year because of Staley's gambling ways. That's why Herbert and the Chargers are watching the playoffs from home this year.
He has 6 months to ice up his arm after last night. He'll need all six.
He throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He didn't do either tonight. Broncos gave that one away.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He didn't do either tonight. Broncos gave that one away.

He won the game.
He won the game.

A muffed punt won the game.
<sarcasm>
Justin Herbert proved that you don't need to convert a 1st down in overtime to win games
</sarcasm>

Seriously though, that was just awful f***ing special teams awareness on that muff
Originally posted by grapesofrathman:
<sarcasm>
Justin Herbert proved that you don't need to convert a 1st down in overtime to win games
</sarcasm>

Seriously though, that was just awful f***ing special teams awareness on that muff

that punt returner muffed one earlier with no contact but luckily no where was near so he recovered, so it was gonna happen sooner or later.
He has regressed every year.
Share 49ersWebzone