There are 174 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2024 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Hey congrats to the Ewa Beach kid, he's Hawaii's highest paid athlete ever. BUT, no way do I think he's worth the contract, 0-2 in the playoffs passed for only 29 TD's this season to 14 INT's!!! Keep in mind he's got one of thee best duo's in football. And they call Purdy a system QB!!!!

Purdy's contract is set to make Loves and Tua's contracts vet minimums.
Cowboys DE Sam Williams may have a torn ACL and Patriots DT Christian Barmore has blood clots. Both might be done for the year.
Apparently First Round Pick Byron Murphy's agent put out a statement about an "extortion" attempt by a trans OF model. The Model posted pics of text messages and believes Byron owes her $15,000.0 for a night she says they spent together.
Football is officially back baby!!! Games from here on out, life makes sense again
Where is the NFL preseason game thread, anyway, anybody see the opening kickoff that was kind of anti-climatic AF
Is anyone else hearing like a water line(turning on faucet) noise during this game?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Where is the NFL preseason game thread, anyway, anybody see the opening kickoff that was kind of anti-climatic AF
Yes, I think the new Dynamic Kick Off sucks.

Not only that, I don't want CMC or Deebo back there for this S…..maybe playoffs
Originally posted by Viperboy:

Not only that, I don't want CMC or Deebo back there for this S…..maybe playoffs
i don't see how this protects the players.. looks like bigger hits are going to happen
So the penalty to kicking it into the endzone is the ball at the 30? I would just kick it out of the endzone and not risk a return. I thought it was the 40 yard line but if it's only the 30, Just not risk it and let them have the ball at the 30.Most of the time they are going to return it to atleast the 25 anyways.. So really you are only losing 5 yards.

The NFL won the appeal on the Sunday Ticket ruling. So no 15 billion dollar payment out to idiots, means there won't be any negative effect on the cap the next few seasons.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
The NFL won the appeal on the Sunday Ticket ruling. So no 15 billion dollar payment out to idiots, means there won't be any negative effect on the cap the next few seasons.

Actually a judge dismissed the case. Now it's going to be appealed.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
So the penalty to kicking it into the endzone is the ball at the 30? I would just kick it out of the endzone and not risk a return. I thought it was the 40 yard line but if it's only the 30, Just not risk it and let them have the ball at the 30.Most of the time they are going to return it to atleast the 25 anyways.. So really you are only losing 5 yards.

Just saw the new format from last nights game…so stupid
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yah I don't like it at all, it doesn't even look like an NFL game when they do that. Who's in charge of all these rule changes, Goodell or the owners?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yah I don't like it at all, it doesn't even look like an NFL game when they do that. Who's in charge of all these rule changes, Goodell or the owners?

The owners.

Problem with this change is that they made it without doing a trial run in the preseason as an interim step to see how it worked out.
Share 49ersWebzone