There are 177 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2024 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
So the penalty to kicking it into the endzone is the ball at the 30? I would just kick it out of the endzone and not risk a return. I thought it was the 40 yard line but if it's only the 30, Just not risk it and let them have the ball at the 30.Most of the time they are going to return it to atleast the 25 anyways.. So really you are only losing 5 yards.

Just saw the new format from last nights game…so stupid

Yah I don't like it at all, it doesn't even look like an NFL game when they do that. Who's in charge of all these rule changes, Goodell or the owners?

The owners.

Problem with this change is that they made it without doing a trial run in the preseason as an interim step to see how it worked out.

Every new rule looks stupid when we first see it. The tuck rule. The rule that said you can't hit the QB. The fair catch rule on kickoffs. If this eventually works as the hope we will see more kick returns. They've become almost extinct since they moved the kickoff up.

Most rule changes are about preventing injuries but way too often they do little more than make the game duller. We still have injuries no matter how many rule changes. You can barely breathe on the QB but we still see several of them go down every year.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
The logic behind the new kickoff has been explained ad nauseam and I'm sure people are gonna continue to be fake mad about it until their team gets a TD or two lol
I'm not mad or against the new rule. I just think they should have had one season where they tried it out in the preseason only before adopting it for the regular season to prove the concept in live games. They've done that with less dramatic changes before.
Puka Nacua suffered a knee injury in practice today. Apparently even Mcvay doesn't know what happened. No further updates.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Puka Nacua suffered a knee injury in practice today. Apparently even Mcvay doesn't know what happened. No further updates.
He'll be ok. Broke his collarbone last year in a game .. it healed and came back in the same game

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 4, 2024 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He'll be ok. Broke his collarbone last year in a game .. it healed and came back in the same game

No he didn't break his collar bone in that game. It was a sprain. No position in the NFL, short of kicker, could come back the next week (much less the same game) with a broken collar bone
Originally posted by frenchmov:

No he didn't break his collar bone in that game. It was a sprain. No position in the NFL, short of kicker, could come back the next week (much less the same game) with a broken collar bone
Lol
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Poor e man
Originally posted by JMC52:
Poor e man

Sucks
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Not even a kicker. Broken collar bone is painful with every movement of your body. I slipped in the shower with a broken collar bone and that was one of the most excruciatingly painful experiences of my life.

Juju Smith Schuster released.....

Who's gonna say it..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zachary:
Juju Smith Schuster released.....

Who's gonna say it..

Seriously though why did they release him they need all the decent receivers they can get?
[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 9, 2024 at 10:35 AM ]
Xavier Legette is the most country person in the NFL and it's not remotely close.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

LMAO

The reaction from the commentators was funny. Football is still football LOL
Share 49ersWebzone