There are 131 users in the forums

WR-Danny Gray-SMU, 3rd round 2022 NFL Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Originally posted by joeknows:
At the end of the day, does it really matter how Lynch, Shanahan, and co. have done in any specific draft round or isolated situation? Surely the pertinent point is that they have put together one of the best rosters in football through the various resources available.
It's like saying Purdy has been poor in the 3rd quarter or something. Meaningless.

You gotta slice-and-dice the data to look for improvement. Whatever metrics they are using for the players they rank in the 75 to 150 range has not been effective. They clearly picked a lot of guys in that range that didn't even warrant a 7th round selection.

I don't think this mean anything when the team is deep in the post season routinely

Basically saying the team had added such great talent they are having a hard time getting 3rd round picks to contribute....

That list is basically 5 starters around the NFL, and it could be argued that Tyrion Davis-Price could be a fringe starter at some point on some team.

Considering the average rate of starters taken in the 3rd round is 25-28% (depending on position), that puts the 49ers ABOVE league average...so I do not think anyone is super worried about how often 3rd rounders fail.

People get too wrapped up in draft picks.....draft picks only exist for one reason...to gamble with.....they are far less valuable than people think they are. Every year teams take players knowing darn well they are far less then coin flip they can get the player to contribute. The fact the 49ers have tons of talent and lots of these dudes even made the team is actually a good thing.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Aug 22, 2024 at 10:52 AM ]
No surprise here. He simply didn't improve. Might be back for PS.
✌️
Originally posted by captveg:
No surprise here. He simply didn't improve. Might be back for PS.

NOTHING to improve on..
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Love that skit
Originally posted by Jcool:

Dammmit! My 95 speed deep threat in Madden. No more popping people over the top.

It's been a fun few years with opposing people online screaming through the controller speaker "who the f**k is this Gray dude? f**k this stupid game".
I expect Dallas to pick him up foe their practice squad, after some encouragement from Trey Lance.

Edit- unless Andy gets him for Patrick Mahomes.

I know folks think he sucks, because Kyle doesn't use him... but when he was on the field.. he got seperation and made catches. We'll see.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 27, 2024 at 12:35 PM ]

Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Love that skit

"Katie got some big ass tittays!"
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I expect Dallas to pick him up foe their practice squad, after some encouragement from Trey Lance.

I know folks think he sucks, because Kyle doesn't use him... but when he was on the field.. he got seperation and made catches. We'll see.

I think that only happened in your Madden franchise.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Where and when? The preseason game from 2022 when Trey hit him deep? If he has that much good film where he's getting separation and making catches, he wouldn't be getting cut. If Danny Gray were any of that, the team wouldn't have even made another offer to Brandon Aiyuk and would've pivoted to Gray.
Guess you can't just stick any Joe blow at WR and get 1,400 yards
So many many wasted picks.
Share 49ersWebzone