LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 245 users in the forums

S Tashaun Gipson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Tartt would have dropped that easy wobbler.
ouch.. that still hurts
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What a find Gipson has been. He's older (along with Ward), but I hope they can somehow bring both of them back as well as drafting a FS of the future. I know I'm asking for too much, but there is a security that Jimmie provided at FS. Let these two go at it in camp (along with the rookie) and may the best man win.

I have what may be an unpopular take. While Gipson has been solid and outperformed his expectations, I think his spot can be upgraded from an athleticism standpoint. It's not all about being athletic, otherwise TMoore would be starting, but I do think having two slow safeties in this coverage scheme can be exploited, and I'm not using this LVR game as evidence. This scheme requires safeties to cover WRs at times and Gipson is no longer a young guy. Bring him back as plan B, that's a sound plan. But if the team wants to continue this scheme, I think the they should make upgrading Gipson's spot a priority.

No doubt we should be looking for exactly that next year.

I want both and groom a high football IQ, yet more athletic safety. Hopefully ready to take over in 2024 or 2025 at the latest.
I have what may be an unpopular take. While Gipson has been solid and outperformed his expectations, I think his spot can be upgraded from an athleticism standpoint. It's not all about being athletic, otherwise TMoore would be starting, but I do think having two slow safeties in this coverage scheme can be exploited, and I'm not using this LVR game as evidence. This scheme requires safeties to cover WRs at times and Gipson is no longer a young guy. Bring him back as plan B, that's a sound plan. But if the team wants to continue this scheme, I think the they should make upgrading Gipson's spot a priority.

Ward should be prioritized as the re-sign if he'll be reasonable. Then absolutely use the first pick you have on a FS like Jay Ward.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Ward should be prioritized as the re-sign if he'll be reasonable. Then absolutely use the first pick you have on a FS like Jay Ward.

Trying for an all-Ward backfield?

Would fit:

What does the name Ward mean? Ward is a relatively common surname with a number of origins. Most often, it is an occupational English name deriving from the Old English word 'warde' or 'wearde', which means to 'watch' or 'guard'. This name would have been given to a watchman, guard or gatekeeper.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Ward Brothers
Great play!

I doubted the guy too. I'll admit it.
He's showing up, let's see some more.
  • This guy's thread is way too quiet. He's such a solid performer and helping the backfield figure things out. There's way too much pre-snap discussion from what I can see. Without this guy I think there be a lot more. Props to Gipson. Hope he gets paid.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gip will be our 2022 Josh Norman

Oh All.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gip will be our 2022 Josh Norman

Oh All.

what? that's a joke. right? This guy gonna be our 2022/2023/2024 Antoine bethea. Props to him.

btw, he outweighs hufanga by 15 pounds.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 8, 2023 at 11:13 AM ]
Hope we win a title this year for so many reasons. One of them being will be that I won't feel as bad if certain guys aren't resigned because we'll have at least one a championship with this group.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Stud
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Whatta difference it makes when you have Safeties who can pick off the ball. It makes both sides of the ball better.
If we only had this guy in last year's NFC championship
Share 49ersWebzone