There are 310 users in the forums

Fb Jack Colletto

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think this is a most excellent pick lol (yes, Bill n Ted there). Srsly though, I wanna see what the Jack Hammer does on the 9ers!
Originally posted by English:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/196397-fb-jack-colletto/

way ahead of you!

Nice. I used the search function and nothing came up. Oh well, still Looking forward to see what he can do
i like my thread title better 😁
[ Edited by Andra on May 13, 2023 at 5:05 AM ]
There is going to be a legit battle with Jack Colletto vs. Ronnie Bell to make this roster.
Originally posted by NCommand:
There is going to be a legit battle with Jack Colletto vs. Ronnie Bell to make this roster.

I like them both and think that they both may have a future in the NFL. Regarding Colletto, though, I think a lot depends on how Juice sees his future. If the joints are stiffening and the muscles aching, he may be discussing how much longer he plays, with John Lynch. If he sees himself playing his contract out then it is highly unlikely that he will be traded or cut and we won't carry an fb2.
Originally posted by English:

I like them both and think that they both may have a future in the NFL. Regarding Colletto, though, I think a lot depends on how Juice sees his future. If the joints are stiffening and the muscles aching, he may be discussing how much longer he plays, with John Lynch. If he sees himself playing his contract out then it is highly unlikely that he will be traded or cut and we won't carry an fb2.

end may be nigh here on Juice, 49ers have an out after this season, hard to be a FB in this league in your mid 30s
so we are keeping options open here, may PS Jack this season, and an option to make roster next season, if Juice is not on the team

It seems every year we bring in someone who can play FB or "replace" Juice, Josh Hokit, Jason Poe, now Jack Colletto, I just don't see anyway they cut or trade Juice, only way Juice is gone is if he retires.

Also Bell is making this team as a 6th WR, no way he clears waivers IMO, he's underrated, just because he's a 7th rd pick doesn't mean crap to me, Jauan was a 7th, and look now, we drafted Gray & Bell to replace Jauan & Ray-Ray in 2024 IMO, won't risk exposing them to waivers IMO.

If anything, it's Colletto or Davis-Price for a roster spot, not Colletto or Bell. Just my 2 cents.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It seems every year we bring in someone who can play FB or "replace" Juice, Josh Hokit, Jason Poe, now Jack Colletto, I just don't see anyway they cut or trade Juice, only way Juice is gone is if he retires.

Also Bell is making this team as a 6th WR, no way he clears waivers IMO, he's underrated, just because he's a 7th rd pick doesn't mean crap to me, Jauan was a 7th, and look now, we drafted Gray & Bell to replace Jauan & Ray-Ray in 2024 IMO, won't risk exposing them to waivers IMO.

If anything, it's Colletto or Davis-Price for a roster spot, not Colletto or Bell. Just my 2 cents.

EXCELLENT post AB!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

EXCELLENT post AB!

I don't see Colletto being kept over D-Price... can you imagine the humiliation Shanny's gonna go thru after having a back to back bone-headed draft in Sermon and Price?

.. not to say the drafting of Latu this early..

We have to remember that Ross Dwelley was Juice's backup. So if he's beat out, it's going to be with an all-purpose FB/TE who can do that. That could be with Jack (who Sean Payton wanted because of his weapon versatility) or a TE like Willis who can play H back, FB and inline and detached TE.

EXCELLENT post AB!

Thanks

We have to remember that Ross Dwelley was Juice's backup. So if he's beat out, it's going to be with an all-purpose FB/TE who can do that. That could be with Jack (who Sean Payton wanted because of his weapon versatility) or a TE like Willis who can play H back, FB and inline and detached TE.

I like Brayden Willis as Juice's backup, I just don't think it's Colletto vs Bell, like I said Bell is our new KR/PR in 2024 IMO, Gray speedster, also I can see Bell developing into a Jauan Jennings type of WR, we have JJ for 2 years(2023 & 2024 when he's a RFA), then he's gone IMO.

EXCELLENT post AB!

Thanks

I like Brayden Willis as Juice's backup, I just don't think it's Colletto vs Bell, like I said Bell is our new KR/PR in 2024 IMO, Gray speedster, also I can see Bell developing into a Jauan Jennings type of WR, we have JJ for 2 years(2023 & 2024 when he's a RFA), then he's gone IMO.

Gotcha. It sounds like Bell had another nice day today too.

Willis has never played FB before but let's keep an eye on reports going forward if that starts to happen.
Originally posted by 9moon:

EXCELLENT post AB!

I don't see Colletto being kept over D-Price... can you imagine the humiliation Shanny's gonna go thru after having a back to back bone-headed draft in Sermon and Price?

I don't think Shanny cares what others think, if TDP is cut, he knows he messed up, he admitted by cutting Sermon, it is what it is, can't nor will you hit on every pick, 30%-35% is considered being good at drafting, and they're there, higher IMO.

EXCELLENT post AB!

I don't think Shanny cares what others think, if TDP is cut, he knows he messed up, he admitted by cutting Sermon, it is what it is, can't nor will you hit on every pick, 30%-35% is considered being good at drafting, and they're there, higher IMO.

Agree. We are in great shape. Honestly I'm more concerned about Trey coming through, Brock improving. OLine improving, etc than the 4th freaking running back.

EXCELLENT post AB!

I imagine they'll try to find a trade partner if possible. We'll see how they do in the preseason but man if Jack and Laborn both show out, I hope we can keep both.
Share 49ersWebzone