There are 137 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
You guys really think that KS is gonna admit mistake and fire Wilks already?
No unfortunately
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Only way Wilks gets fired is that Kyle has to be overidden by the Owner (Jed York)...Kyle will not do it and Lynch can`t do it because his boss see Kyle won`t let him.
It`s a dirty shame that such a talented defense looks like their playing in the wizzard of Oz.

Kyle won't fire him and will make it a point to try and have the offense scoring 30+ points when Deebo comes back to hide the defense which will bite them in the ass
Originally posted by raywm3:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Fire him. He sucks. Have lynch run the d lol

Interesting thought, what does Lynch think of Wilks? Lynch is a HOF'er who obviously understands defensive philosophy, coaching and execution. I would love to hear his honest off the record thoughts of what's happening.

I mean he built this defense. He's a smart guy. Can't get any worse! So disappointed
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Maybe the D just isn't motivated under Wills either. Saleh and Ryan's always had them pumped up on the sidelines.
Originally posted by Baldie:
But who would they make DC from in house?

They wouldn't. There's a reason that all the main DC candidates were from outside the organization. That spoke volumes for a staff that prefers to promote internally.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Baldie:
But who would they make DC from in house?

They wouldn't. There's a reason that all the main DC candidates were from outside the organization. That spoke volumes for a staff that prefers to promote internally.

I just find it really hard to believe that Holland or Bullocks—two defensive coaches who have been with this team since Kyle was hired in 2017—would do a worse job.

"Hey remember what we ran last season? Run that again!"
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I just find it really hard to believe that Holland or Bullocks—two defensive coaches who have been with this team since Kyle was hired in 2017—would do a worse job.

If Kyle believed they could do a better job then Wilks wouldn't be here.

This is the ultimate result of having your staff raided every single year and having promising young assistants snatched up left and right. At some point it catches up with you.

This is the ultimate result of having your staff raided every single year and having promising young assistants snatched up left and right. At some point it catches up with you.
Completely agree with this.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

It's part of the brilliance of Andy Reid hiring Spags, who ain't getting poached by anyone for HC. He's already been HC and failed. He's in his 60s. Reid basically locked himself into one of the best DCs, year over year.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Like Koucerek, what Holland and Bullocks didn't want it either

If they don't fire him, then the season is lost. They will only get worse. The players will give up.

1000% agree. I think we finally ran out of quality options and were stuck with retread options.

Schwartz would've been the perfect fit but he was already hired by Cleveland two weeks before we even played in the NFC Championship.
It is the scheme and philosophy, and the players don't like it.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Why does he have the secondary playing off 10 yards? Don't get that. Guys just running up 5.yards turning around and. Catching
The amount of times I heard Romo saying "the way they're lined up on this play.. this is gonna be easy for Cincy" right before we got lit up for a 15-20 yard play or more was absolutely unconscionable, honestly.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 29, 2023 at 9:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone