There are 138 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The amount of times I heard Romo saying "the way they're lined up on this play.. this is gonna be easy for Cincy" right before we got lit up for a 15-20 yard play or more was absolutely unconscionable, honestly.

He called out Wilks pre snap so many times and was dead on each time
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The amount of times I heard Romo saying "the way they're lined up on this play.. this is gonna be easy for Cincy" right before we got lit up for a 15-20 yard play or more was absolutely unconscionable, honestly.

Yup. Called it earlier in this thread during halftime:

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Remember the 2018 AFC Championship when Romo correctly predicted basically every single Patriots offensive play on the air, and then the next day the Chiefs fired their defensive coordinator?

Right now he's calling every Bengals offensive play before it happens. Just saying…
I'm on the fire Wilks bandwagon now. The coverage schemes just don't work. DL is getting to the QB pretty quick. Yes, tackling has not been good and you can't pin that on a DC. But coverages are just getting picked apart. QB's know right where to go pre-snap.
Wilks is like trying to get pearls from your boyfriend when all he can afford is a Banquet Pot Pie
[ Edited by Montana on Oct 29, 2023 at 9:21 PM ]
Wilks apparently is the Solomon Thomas of coaching, trying to force a different scheme into a roster constructed for a specific one. And it's failing miserably. Fire this old f**k.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Oct 29, 2023 at 9:32 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

Yup, there was a play where chase was line up in the slot and warner looked to be on him. Romo called it presnap that Chase was probably gonna cut underneath and well s**t he did just that and Burrows found him and got like a 10-15 yard gain.

We're playing good QBs the next 4 games and you don't think they'll see that? Also Oliver is always declaring himself the Blitzer early so the QB can always call out protection for him. He needs to hide that better and that's a coaching point that should come from Wilks.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Yup, there was a play where chase was line up in the slot and warner looked to be on him. Romo called it presnap that Chase was probably gonna cut underneath and well s**t he did just that and Burrows found him and got like a 10-15 yard gain.

We're playing good QBs the next 4 games and you don't think they'll see that? Also Oliver is always declaring himself the Blitzer early so the QB can always call out protection for him. He needs to hide that better and that's a coaching point that should come from Wilks.
Good luck with all of that.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Baldie:

Good luck with all of that.

I know right? Does he even go down to the locker room at halftime to talk to them or just sits up in the booth and relays messages to the defensive staff?
Originally posted by Wrathman:
If they don't fire him, then the season is lost. They will only get worse. The players will give up.

It looks like they've already given up.

Kyle has really sold himself short with this hiring.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Was Saleh a player before? I know Ryan's was. Maybe we need to find another player who wants to be a DC. Ryan's was the perfect replacement after Saleh left.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
If they don't fire him, then the season is lost. They will only get worse. The players will give up.

It looks like they've already given up.

Kyle has really sold himself short with this hiring.

During the post game stuff, there are just hidden messages I feel that's pointing to the play calling. Of course players aren't going to put that out in the media. Won't be surprised if there's a rift within the defensive room but we just don't hear about it.
WILKS, SINGLETARY, TOMSULA
When I hear about this defense setting records I never imagined it would be opposing teams getting their records on us.
The defense has been atrocious. Burrow was 28/32?! Are you f'in kidding me? I can't even do that in madden 😂

Kyle doesn't have the balls to fire him mid season so we're screwed.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

We should hire Romo as DC.
Originally posted by Koldo:

We should hire Romo as DC.

Lol Romo does often give good insight to what's going on down on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone