There are 122 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wilks got to go
He's not going anywhere...at least this year.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Then consider this a lost year, because we aren't winning another game with that defense.

This is the type of team that held on to Jimmy G until the last minute because they really really badly wanted a 3rd round comp pick. My guess is that nothing will happen at all. Wilks will stay until he is hired somewhere else.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Shanahan will not get rid of Wilks. And I'm willing to bet he retains him next year as well. Which may spell the beginning of the end of the Kyle Shanahan era in San Francisco. And 8 years with no SB win to show for it with a loaded roster…..GOOD RIDDANCE !
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Then consider this a lost year, because we aren't winning another game with that defense.
A team or 2 will shoot themselves in the foot over the course of 9 games,but your right barring a miracle this team isn't a contender.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

This.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Shanahan will not get rid of Wilks. And I'm willing to bet he retains him next year as well. Which may spell the beginning of the end of the Kyle Shanahan era in San Francisco. And 8 years with no SB win to show for it with a loaded roster…..GOOD RIDDANCE !

I'm not convinced Kyle has what It takes to fire his DC mid-season, but there's zero chance he returns for another year.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by DrEll:

I'm not convinced Kyle has what It takes to fire his DC mid-season, but there's zero chance he returns for another year.

the man spent 3 ones on Lance and traded him mid rookie contract
to Dallas
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
to Dallas

Only to play a turnover machine calling him "the real deal"

Shanny's decisions aren't very smart don't you think?

Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
to Dallas

Only to play a turnover machine calling him "the real deal"

Shanny's decisions aren't very smart don't you think?
The Dumbest decision he ever made was drafting Lance.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

And who made that decision?
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

And who made that decision?

A answer we may never receive. If we drafted Mac Jones at 13 as originally reported at least we would have had a few more 1st rounders. Maybe could have drafted a CB or RT.
Wilks defense is just umbrella coverage where the LBs and DBs just sprint 20 yards back and leave the middle wide open, but hey at least we didn't get beat deep. Oh wait, we STILL got beat deep for 2 TDs with this bend but don't break crap.

and the defensive lineman just all bullrush or stunt from from being 1 on 1 onto a double team in the middle of the offensive line. And no matter where the plays goes just keep bull rushing, ignore screens, tosses, and jet sweeps.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Wilks defense is just umbrella coverage where the LBs and DBs just sprint 20 yards back and leave the middle wide open, but hey at least we didn't get beat deep. Oh wait, we STILL got beat deep for 2 TDs with this bend but don't break crap.

and the defensive lineman just all bullrush or stunt from from being 1 on 1 onto a double team in the middle of the offensive line. And no matter where the plays goes just keep bull rushing, ignore screens, tosses, and jet sweeps.

I think what Wilks is doing is keeping everything on front of them but it doesn't help that they are missing tackles and sometimes out of position.
Share 49ersWebzone