There are 191 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TyCore:
You're living in a dream world, dude.

Plenty of people who know more about football than you point to Wilks faltering.

Lombardi, Richard Sherman, Kreuger, Florio, Simms, Wade Phillips, (and that's just off the top of my head) have all publicly impugned Wilks' calls and performance.

It seems like you have your fingers in your ears, a blindfold on, and an opinion you're certain of.

Just doesn't seem rational at this point.

Hes not. He gets his favorites and won't turn on then no matter how they play or coach.

LOL 😃
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by TyCore:
You're living in a dream world, dude.

Plenty of people who know more about football than you point to Wilks faltering.

Lombardi, Richard Sherman, Kreuger, Florio, Simms, Wade Phillips, (and that's just off the top of my head) have all publicly impugned Wilks' calls and performance.

It seems like you have your fingers in your ears, a blindfold on, and an opinion you're certain of.

Just doesn't seem rational at this point.

Hes not. He gets his favorites and won't turn on then no matter how they play or coach.

LOL 😃

it's called not blowing like a hay seed in the breeze from week to week depending on which way the weather vane is pointed
It would be nice to get Wade Phillips as DC.
I can't believe they hired this guy over Vic Fangio.

We don't have the personal to run Fangio's or Wade's 3-4, especially on the defensive line.

In a 3-4, the rush primarily comes from the outside linebackers. That's why Ahmed Brooks and Aldon were so good.

Bosa isn't a 3-4 end, and we lack the huge Nose Tackle to plug up the middle of the line (think Isaac Sopoaga).
3 straight losses with a defense that has gotten worse each week and 49ersfaithful believes Wilks doing a great job

lmao, thin line between faithful and delusional.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
it's called not blowing like a hay seed in the breeze from week to week depending on which way the weather vane is pointed

Maybe, but that being your justification won't allow for reevaluation because your baseline is always adhering to previous conclusions regardless of the subsequent evidence you encounter.
I just can't believe we don't have anyone on staff to promote to DC. I guess getting poached by other teams finally caught up with us.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
3 straight losses with a defense that has gotten worse each week and 49ersfaithful believes Wilks doing a great job

lmao, thin line between faithful and delusional.

I'm not saying 'great job'
no need to strawman
I am saying the way we are playing doesn't match the thread.. we are top 5 ppg,
with the heads have to roll mentality, I would expect bottom 5, but it's the opposite

the entire team is struggling, be it Moody, the O, the D, you name it
I don't think anyone needs fired, we just have to play better, you can deal with my take as is, no need to make my opinion something it isn't
Wilks not being on the sidelines doesn't help either.

I actually think he needs to leave the booth, and it has nothing to do with energy or being Rah Rah like Saleh or Ryans. It's about communication and ability for more one on one teaching or collective coaching in the moment. Wilks is supposedly a great communicator, but that's completely negated if he's up in the booth.

He needs that to help guys adjust quicker. He'll be able to see the all 22 on the tablet just fine, he doesn't need to be up in the booth.
Originally posted by linkboy:
It would be nice to get Wade Phillips as DC.
I can't believe they hired this guy over Vic Fangio.

We don't have the personal to run Fangio's or Wade's 3-4, especially on the defensive line.

In a 3-4, the rush primarily comes from the outside linebackers. That's why Ahmed Brooks and Aldon were so good.

Bosa isn't a 3-4 end, and we lack the huge Nose Tackle to plug up the middle of the line (think Isaac Sopoaga).

That makes sense.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I actually think he needs to leave the booth, and it has nothing to do with energy or being Rah Rah like Saleh or Ryans. It's about communication and ability for more one on one teaching or collective coaching in the moment. Wilks is supposedly a great communicator, but that's completely negated if he's up in the booth.

He needs that to help guys adjust quicker. He'll be able to see the all 22 on the tablet just fine, he doesn't need to be up in the booth.

this is all noise imo (not you, but the convo about he needs to come down)
, booth or not, guys have to tackle, will guys tackle if he's on the sideline as opposed to the booth?
it's about basic fundamentals, and execution
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 30, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]

As long as Wilks is the DC we should turn our attention to whose available in the top 10 of the 2024 draft
[ Edited by ninersporvida on Oct 30, 2023 at 10:35 AM ]

Because giving up a 99 yard drive to Arizona was quality D? Not being able to stop the Rams without turnovers was good? 25th in league against run after being top 2 the last two years is a recent issue?
, booth or not, guys have to tackle, will guys tackle if he's on the sideline as opposed to the booth?

And coaching needs to give them a scheme that suits their talent.

He's not, because he's a terrible coach.
[ Edited by linkboy on Oct 30, 2023 at 10:37 AM ]

You can be right there and hear the players and their concerns. You get a better feel for the game.

Fangio was always in the booth yet during his tenure here his defenses were fired up and played well for the most part. Wilks isn't going to change all of a sudden when he seems like a chill laid back coach. He's not all of a sudden going to be Saleh and Ryans jumping up and down screaming, it's not who he is. He just needs to figure it the f**k out and the players need to execute and just flat out play better
Share 49ersWebzone