There are 121 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He will have Chase Young and Bosa in coverage. Don't doubt for a second he can mess this up. They will drop off to cover in the backend. He's very capable to mess this up and not get anything out of it.

I was thinking the same thing or using Warner covering the slot and have Bosa more of a run stopper. Seriously I just don't know how Chase changes too much, the ball is getting out to the flat or middle slants faster than the D line can get to the QB.

Part of it, is that now we have Ferrell in on run downs and Gregory in on passing downs. When it's a down that can easily be run or pass, and we have the opposite base player in, we are not as effective. Young will be better as a pass rusher than Ferrell, and can set the edge against the run better than Gregory.

Yes I agree with that take.. I'm still worried they have figured out to pass to the flat or slant routes along with basic screens before the rush effects the play. I do think the edge contain will be better with Chase.

Many plays I saw CF or Jackson getting demolished and or simply not a factor. Chase will absolutely change that. Now is Wilks inventive enough to scheme it and adjust during the game, I don't think this guy knows a lick about d line play.

That's what they are paying Kourcek for
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 1, 2023 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

let's give him a chance, if he's fired, he's fired,
if he's here, let's pull for him to turn this around
Originally posted by lamontb:
He will have Chase Young and Bosa in coverage. Don't doubt for a second he can mess this up. They will drop off to cover in the backend. He's very capable to mess this up and not get anything out of it.

I was thinking the same thing or using Warner covering the slot and have Bosa more of a run stopper. Seriously I just don't know how Chase changes too much, the ball is getting out to the flat or middle slants faster than the D line can get to the QB.

Part of it, is that now we have Ferrell in on run downs and Gregory in on passing downs. When it's a down that can easily be run or pass, and we have the opposite base player in, we are not as effective. Young will be better as a pass rusher than Ferrell, and can set the edge against the run better than Gregory.

Yes I agree with that take.. I'm still worried they have figured out to pass to the flat or slant routes along with basic screens before the rush effects the play. I do think the edge contain will be better with Chase.

Many plays I saw CF or Jackson getting demolished and or simply not a factor. Chase will absolutely change that. Now is Wilks inventive enough to scheme it and adjust during the game, I don't think this guy knows a lick about d line play.

What good is that though, when it's Wilks making the calls? Wilks has literally turned this defense from "All gas, no brakes" to "Put it in neutral, and let it idle".
Originally posted by lamontb:

What good is that though, when it's Wilks making the calls? Wilks has literally turned this defense from "All gas, no brakes" to "Put it in neutral, and let it idle".

Yeah the engine isn't talking to the transmission etc.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I have no patience for failure, the guy is a car crash lol
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Bring in Uncle Sherm
I just come to this thread everyday just to make sure he still Sucks.
Originally posted by Montana:

dude had the easiest job in the NFL and still found a way to f**k it up. He shouldn't have a long leash
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
dude had the easiest job in the NFL and still found a way to f**k it up. He shouldn't have a long leash

well as long as he has a leash, I hope he dominates, that would be a nice redemption for him and great for our squad, I bet it happens
who wants to bet?

Wilks could have the 1985 Bears and they'd still be a middling defense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Wilks could have the 1985 Bears and they'd still be a middling defense.

He'd put Singletary in man coverage vs Justin Jefferson

well as long as he has a leash, I hope he dominates, that would be a nice redemption for him and great for our squad, I bet it happens
who wants to bet?

I applaud your faith in him and hope you're right, but my gut says no bueno.
Is he still employed?

who wants to bet?

I applaud your faith in him and hope you're right, but my gut says no bueno.

After the first five weeks, I thought we had another head coach for draft picks on our hands. Not so much now.

Wilks isn't going anywhere, he's in tight with the McCaffrey family. Which locks him in with the Shanahan family.
Share 49ersWebzone