George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 139 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If he hasn't fixed this s**t after two weeks of preparation, and we get diced up again on Sunday, they better Can his ass. Its almost like I don't care who you put at DC, as long as he gets fired if that happens.

He needs to realize his scheme is trash and doesn't fit with this team. I hope he's been studying his ass off and transitions us to a Defensive scheme that is at least similar to what we've run past few years. Don't fix what isn't broke dude
I had thought that it would take a bad defensive showing vs JAC and TB to can Wilkes, but now I think the team would fire Wilkes the Monday after if SF looks really bad on D and loses to JAC. It would be a bad look to not make a change, especially after the Raiders took out the trash and looked like a different team.
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If he hasn't fixed this s**t after two weeks of preparation, and we get diced up again on Sunday, they better Can his ass. Its almost like I don't care who you put at DC, as long as he gets fired if that happens.

He needs to realize his scheme is trash and doesn't fit with this team. I hope he's been studying his ass off and transitions us to a Defensive scheme that is at least similar to what we've run past few years. Don't fix what isn't broke dude
I had thought that it would take a bad defensive showing vs JAC and TB to can Wilkes, but now I think the team would fire Wilkes the Monday after if SF looks really bad on D and loses to JAC. It would be a bad look to not make a change, especially after the Raiders took out the trash and looked like a different team.

I think his leash extends probably to at least the Seattle game.. Unfortunately..
this guy probably wants the wfh perk and call plays from his house

sorry but i have zero faith in this guy, jags gonna roll the niners.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

ok let's bet, Jags are a good team but I bet we keep em at or under 20, that should be enough for KS, right?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

ok let's bet, Jags are a good team but I bet we keep em at or under 20, that should be enough for KS, right?

If we never make them punt like the Vikings and Bengals it won't be enough.

under 20? lol

you're underestimating lawrence, he's gonna have a career day and will probably use his legs to move the chains

wilks will have no answer

under 20? lol

you're underestimating lawrence, he's gonna have a career day and will probably use his legs to move the chains

I said at or under 20
Wilks isn't Belichick but he isn't the worst D mind of all time either

under 20? lol

I said at or under 20

Wilks: "hold my Ensure.."
This team can't cover AJ Brown. Which is all that matters.

under 20? lol

I said at or under 20

ya'll acting like he's giving up 50 a game, or 70 like Vance Joseph, let's dial the fire wilks back, he's not perfect, I recall Saleh and Ryans ppl wanted them out also
John Lynch just talked about it, give him time folks, and believe we will turn this around

under 20? lol

I said at or under 20

ya'll acting like he's giving up 50 a game, or 70 like Vance Joseph, let's dial the fire wilks back, he's not perfect, I recall Saleh and Ryans ppl wanted them out also
John Lynch just talked about it, give him time folks, and believe we will turn this around

He made the Vikings punt once and the Bengals punt once the entire game. No way no matter how good your offense is to win like that.

It's been questionable since he allowed that 99 yard drive...
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

under 20? lol

I said at or under 20

He made the Vikings punt once and the Bengals punt once the entire game. No way no matter how good your offense is to win like that.

It's been questionable since he allowed that 99 yard drive...

on punting once all game, lets recall Burrow who's not a dual threat imo, in the grasp twice, and we can't get him to ground
so that should be a punt forced, but Wilkes schemed the guys to two hand touch the QB, allow him to get a throw downfield, right?

players have to execute as well
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Agreed....McDaniels was the creative add to the mix and without a great DC Kyle's not that guy. When Kyle wins one we will get off his case.

He ignores the O line and secondary year after year and this is what happens. If he wins it all then it worked, if he does not win one then it does not work, simple as that.

All the toxic positivity is not going to solve the Problems this team has. We shall see but next year is probably the last dance for this team.

Lol.

That's a new one for me.

Lol I have heard of that one..from dramatic ppl fixated on being victims. Toxic drama lol.

No actually it's from healthy thinking people that don't just say it's going to be great with no facts to support that idea, basically critical thinking. It's not like anyone just wants negative thinking...Just not toxic positivity to stop critical thinking about an issue. In business school folks are taught to look at both positive and negative analysis of a slowing sales trend.in most cases is the negative take that is more accurate. Hope this helps folks understand toxic positivity.

In the topic, the team just can't say, "we have the solution in the building" and move on. We have flawed game plans and the coaching staff lost McDaniel who did that. Can they get better yes and hopefully they do. Let's not even look at Wilks game planning, that's on a whole new trajectory down hill.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Nov 6, 2023 at 10:44 AM ]
Even Pete da Cheat is getting in on the act:

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Even Pete da Cheat is getting in on the act:

it's about to get even harder
Share 49ersWebzone