LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 162 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Wilks needs to come out with the Singletary speech and call out his defense and then drop his pants and moon them. That'll light a fire under their asses:

havent u heard, wilks apparently doesnt like emotions

this is all we need to know about the defensive collapse, all units reflect their coaches

I feel like Wilks has a Tony Dungy type of personality, but vastly inferior coaching/coordinator ability.

Dungy knows defense. Wilks know nothing. I'm surprised they haven't seen Young and Bosa drop back in coverage in practice yet.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard Greg Papa say that they are making Young get down in a 3 point and even 4 point stance. I don't know if they're just trying it in practice to see how it works or whether they're going to force him to use that all the time. Young commented about having defined rushing lanes and not free lancing. Are they too structured for him? I hope not.
Wilks at it again

Boo! Wilks sucks so bad! Our defense has dropped to 15th with an anchor. Anyone is better than Wilks!🤬
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I heard Greg Papa say that they are making Young get down in a 3 point and even 4 point stance. I don't know if they're just trying it in practice to see how it works or whether they're going to force him to use that all the time. Young commented about having defined rushing lanes and not free lancing. Are they too structured for him? I hope not.
Wilks at it again

isnt the point of the wide 9 that the edges have all that room to work with?
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Agreed....McDaniels was the creative add to the mix and without a great DC Kyle's not that guy. When Kyle wins one we will get off his case.

He ignores the O line and secondary year after year and this is what happens. If he wins it all then it worked, if he does not win one then it does not work, simple as that.

All the toxic positivity is not going to solve the Problems this team has. We shall see but next year is probably the last dance for this team.

Funny how McDaniel great offense seems to sputter against anyone with a solid D.

This is conveniently ignored, including the fact they lost to us.

That was last year when we had a great D coordinator. This year we would get smoked.

So Miami continues to get beat by good teams, has not made a deep playoff run, let alone won a playoff game, yet you believe in them more because. . .they scored 70 against Denver? The 49ers are playing awful now, but to have more faith in Miami based off September football over a 4 year track record? Fascinating.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Agreed....McDaniels was the creative add to the mix and without a great DC Kyle's not that guy. When Kyle wins one we will get off his case.

He ignores the O line and secondary year after year and this is what happens. If he wins it all then it worked, if he does not win one then it does not work, simple as that.

All the toxic positivity is not going to solve the Problems this team has. We shall see but next year is probably the last dance for this team.

Funny how McDaniel great offense seems to sputter against anyone with a solid D.

This is conveniently ignored, including the fact they lost to us.

That was last year when we had a great D coordinator. This year we would get smoked.

So Miami continues to get beat by good teams, has not made a deep playoff run, let alone won a playoff game, yet you believe in them more because. . .they scored 70 against Denver? The 49ers are playing awful now, but to have more faith in Miami based off September football over a 4 year track record? Fascinating.
LLN exposing these fakes lol
Kyle Shanahan and Steve Wilks on Sunday in Jacksonville

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Kyle Shanahan and Steve Wilks on Sunday in Jacksonville

I remember this game, I remember Ulbrich was getting ready to walk out.. what a punk tho.. he got coached by Jim Moran Jr at SF as a rookie LB, lost his starting job to Winborn and forced his self to be in the special team.. then Moran continued to take him under his wings... but he just had to be a punk that day..

but yes, we should consider interviewing Ulbrich as our DC next season.. HE IS A 49ER !!!
At least he's finally moving to the sidelines. It's a start….

This was expected. Kocurek is trying to squeeze every last bit of juice out of Chase's get off. I don't get know if you guys noticed, but Chase has a massive false step in his get off out of a two-point stance. That means he's leaving juice on the table. It's not like Chase doesn't have experience playing with his hand in the dirt. He did it plenty in Washington. But I'm sure he'll do whatever he feels most comfortable in the end. Kocurek is flexible with his guys.

Defined rush lanes makes playing fast easier--less thinking; just go.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 8, 2023 at 1:17 PM ]

Originally posted by SLCNiner:

That's not going to make any difference. It's his scheme, calls and coaching. It doesn't matter at all where he physically stands.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

That's not going to make any difference. It's his scheme, calls and coaching. It doesn't matter at all where he physically stands.

Disagree. We've had a fiery DC on the sidelines since this defense rose to top levels and I really think there's something to being able to look guys in the eyes, gather them around when they need settling, etc. Many of the problems are definitely scheme, and I'm certain that is being addressed also, but this shows they're trying to fix their issues.
I dont think moving to the sideline makes a difference..hopefully it does. I'm for anything that helps him improve
remote work revoked, hahahaha
Originally posted by lamontb:
I dont think moving to the sideline makes a difference..hopefully it does. I'm for anything that helps him improve

now that I think about it, I wouldnt be surprised if wilks sabotages the game to prove a point that he can coach better upstairs

he's gonna come up with an excuse like "there's too much going on down there and I couldnt concentrate"

what a bonanza
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Nov 8, 2023 at 1:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone