LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 333 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lets be honest, the man has got a point

I mean if Ruch Madrid has better views then why not share them instead of mocking us fans?? Tell you what, when Wilks was on the sideline last season the Panthers went 4-2 so why not try it??

FWIW I could never stand any of his (Rich Madrid) post, they just come off so arrogant. Who the f**k is he anyway??

Whoa buddy relax, you getting riled up over a tweet, lol you need to step away from the internet and be with family and friends, i guess you are the fan(s) he is referring too lol
That foo is a hack and nothing more

Shan also thinks it's a good thing
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I feel people saying a coach being down on the field makes no difference have ever worked a high stress job where performance mattered and it was a non stop grind. 1000000% that s**t makes a difference to be face to face with someone vs. over the phone or 5 degrees of separation. Beyond accountability you get instant feedback from players. What did you see, why did you have this reaction, is this something we can take advantage of, etc. There's just a difference.

Now that doesn't mean wilks on field fixes everything but I think it's a good start and see where it goes

I found it interesting that Kyle Shanahan said that if he was calling plays as a coordinator, he would much rather be in the booth himself.
last chance. if he f**ks up, shanny better have one of the position coaches ready to take over. All the stress is on Wilks. Can't replace all our defensive players but can easily replace Wilks.
[ Edited by jimmy3233 on Nov 8, 2023 at 10:38 PM ]
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp

this was Baldy's quote last week, he is such a grant cohn clone
Originally posted by Ark49er:
I found it interesting that Kyle Shanahan said that if he was calling plays as a coordinator, he would much rather be in the booth himself.

He said there were advantages and disadvantages to both. On the advantage front, it's not happening for wilks. He's not calling the right plays despite having a clear head & being in the room alone. So ...
cmon Wilks, Zero Blitz calls all day Sunday.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I feel people saying a coach being down on the field makes no difference have ever worked a high stress job where performance mattered and it was a non stop grind. 1000000% that s**t makes a difference to be face to face with someone vs. over the phone or 5 degrees of separation. Beyond accountability you get instant feedback from players. What did you see, why did you have this reaction, is this something we can take advantage of, etc. There's just a difference.

Now that doesn't mean wilks on field fixes everything but I think it's a good start and see where it goes

When did he say that, cause he has always been on the field as an OC, well for every time I've seen him he has.
Moving to sideline means nothing but getting Chase Young sure does!
Getting Chase Young will help, but you have to bench Oliver as well. You can't have a CB constantly giving up 100% completions!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Getting Chase Young will help, but you have to bench Oliver as well. You can't have a CB constantly giving up 100% completions!

Isn't he at like 28/28 now over the past 5 weeks? Something like that? I believe he had given up 20/20 completions entering the Bengals game, and afterwards, it was 28/28. I mean, that's absolutely insane. He's given up nearly 30 straight completions.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 9, 2023 at 6:49 AM ]

Originally posted by BP13:
if this doesn't work i guess we can have him call plays from the locker room

Lol, musical chairs Wilks. How about a high chair with a ba ba 🍼

All I got to say is

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Isn't he at like 28/28 now over the past 5 weeks? Something like that? I believe he had given up 20/20 completions entering the Bengals game, and afterwards, it was 28/28. I mean, that's absolutely insane. He's given up nearly 30 straight completions.

They either have to play Womack at Nickel or play 3 safeties and have Jayir Brown play. It can't be any worse. Oliver was Wilk's guy. He sucks.
Here's a good spot

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

this was Baldy's quote last week, he is such a grant cohn clone

If Shanahan posted that it doesn't matter you would use that tweet too right?? Well Shanahan thinks it matters, mentions advantages and disadvantages but what does he know right.
I made this suggestion weeks ago and now they decide to try it. I made the point that Saleh, Ryans and Carroll always were sideline coaches that were talking to the players and whipping them into a frenzy. It's worth trying with Wilks but I don't know if he has the personality to pump up the players. He seems like a laid back guy. Something needs to change so give it a go.
Share 49ersWebzone