LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 274 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I made this suggestion weeks ago and now they decide to try it. I made the point that Saleh, Ryans and Carroll always were sideline coaches that were talking to the players and whipping them into a frenzy. It's worth trying with Wilks but I don't know if he has the personality to pump up the players. He seems like a laid back guy. Something needs to change so give it a go.

Give Wilks the contact info to Foerster's dealer.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Does this mean somebody else is calling plays in the booth?

it only means that someone from the booth will let Wilks know that there isn't much of a difference..
Originally posted by 9moon:

it only means that someone from the booth will let Wilks know that there isn't much of a difference..

Like I said, if Wilks isn't the type that pumps up his players and gets feedback then there probably won't be much difference.

Like I said, if Wilks isn't the type that pumps up his players and gets feedback then there probably won't be much difference.

It is not going to make that much of a difference if he calls the same plays and scheme, and plays CB like Oliver that are giving up 100% completions to everyone.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

lets be honest, the man has got a point

I mean if Ruch Madrid has better views then why not share them instead of mocking us fans?? Tell you what, when Wilks was on the sideline last season the Panthers went 4-2 so why not try it??

FWIW I could never stand any of his (Rich Madrid) post, they just come off so arrogant. Who the f**k is he anyway??

I'd say while rich is an a*****e. He actually knows football.

I see no negative to bringing wilks down. He can now talk to the players and be in communication with Warner. Prior he would relay calls to our LBer coach who then sent them to Warner. That how it goes in the booth.

I don't think this is gonna magically change anything. Just a different vibe, which clearly is needed. We need to get back to the basics of this scheme. We need to bench Oliver as well. Dude is NOT a NCB and is plying out of position. We need to put Huf back closer to the LOS as well. He has had little impact and him along with our LBers forgot how to tackle
Originally posted by Wrathman:

It is not going to make that much of a difference if he calls the same plays and scheme, and plays CB like Oliver that are giving up 100% completions to everyone.

That's the idea of having him on the sideline where he can get immediate feedback from the players on what's happening on the field. I'm sure they would play someone else instead of Oliver if they felt they had a better choice. I listened to Cosell this morning and he said Oliver isn't bad but he's not good in the slot. He should be playing outside.
No more All-22 view for Wilks. But not like it was helping much. Hopefully being around the guys and being able to communicate in real time has a better effect.
He gotta do his best Ryans impression lol. Who knows, maybe it will pump up Wilks more being on the sideline and he can wake the f**k up, after all..it worked well in AZ lolol
Originally posted by Wrathman:

That's the idea of having him on the sideline where he can get immediate feedback from the players on what's happening on the field. I'm sure they would play someone else instead of Oliver if they felt they had a better choice. I listened to Cosell this morning and he said Oliver isn't bad but he's not good in the slot. He should be playing outside.

A Scary gamble but what if Lenoir was in the slot and Oliver on the outside. The first blown coverage go to Womack or someone else.
Bruh Wilks is not a motivator like Saleh and Ryan's. This is a useless move.

eh, maybe not entirely useless. Could speed up communication
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 9, 2023 at 9:19 AM ]

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

yup,
hope he rides our guys all game lol, hey you want me down here, well here i am
Originally posted by thl408:
I made this suggestion weeks ago and now they decide to try it. I made the point that Saleh, Ryans and Carroll always were sideline coaches that were talking to the players and whipping them into a frenzy. It's worth trying with Wilks but I don't know if he has the personality to pump up the players. He seems like a laid back guy. Something needs to change so give it a go.

Give Wilks the contact info to Foerster's dealer.
Wilks would probably just put it on his feet.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

If he's not then you're right. I guess Kyle thunks it's worth a shot. How much worse can they get.
If he's not then you're right. I guess Kyle thunks it's worth a shot. How much worse can they get.

4th in ppg so there's a long way down they can go
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

4th in ppg so there's a long way down they can go

I mean the real issue is three straight games of scoring 17 points. Whatever the cause, that's not acceptable.
Share 49ersWebzone