LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 170 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Open minded blame

Steve welcome to the 9ers. Don't change s**t.

Dont add your own plan. Keep it as it's always been.

Learning curve. You learn us. We don't learn you.

A lot of holes here in thought yes, but let's be real. I've personally never seen a hire where you're told learn us first. You want changes that's after. By the way, you will use our staff first. Adjustments and changes not allowed.

so look I'm not happy with how this trash has gone the last few weeks but the above is true. For those Defensive Coordinator brains, tell me another team where DC is a puppet to the past?

Im not saying things good but let's be real about what freedom was given to this guy. None. The past the past. Now they are saying get your ass on the sidelines. This is doomed. Over next year and I still say Kyle has way too much power in some areas.

He needs to worry about his suck ass I can't come from behind and win stat. Let the DC do what they will IF you hire them.
are you ok ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Open minded blame

A lot of holes here in thought yes, but let's be real. I've personally never seen a hire where you're told learn us first. You want changes that's after. By the way, you will use our staff first. Adjustments and changes not allowed.

so look I'm not happy with how this trash has gone the last few weeks but the above is true. For those Defensive Coordinator brains, tell me another team where DC is a puppet to the past?

Im not saying things good but let's be real about what freedom was given to this guy. None. The past the past. Now they are saying get your ass on the sidelines. This is doomed. Over next year and I still say Kyle has way too much power in some areas.

He needs to worry about his suck ass I can't come from behind and win stat. Let the DC do what they will IF you hire them.
are you ok ?

100 percent. Are you? It's a known fact Kyle stated we don't want to change much thus why that new Miami DC said no thanks. Do what we dictate from past and all is good. Wrong.

The stories say Vic basically said f**k off. I run Defense. It won't work here. Kyle micro managing. I can see where there are current issues. Wilks ideas being twisted.

You okay? Does that make sense or do you need more?
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Nov 10, 2023 at 8:14 PM ]
Open minded blame

are you ok ?

100 percent. Are you? It's a known fact Kyle stated we don't want to change much thus why that new Miami DC said no thanks. Do what we dictate from past and all is good. Wrong.

The stories say Vic basically said f**k off. I run Defense. It won't work here. Kyle micro managing. I can see where there are current issues. Wilks ideas being twisted.

I do need more

if wilks was doing what Kyle wanted, defense wouldn't be an issue
Open minded blame

are you ok ?

If Steve wasnt down for that then he could just say no thanks. He agreed to it knowing what Kyle wanted, it wasn't some big surprise he was told about after being hired.
Wilks going for Kyle's Job.

Wilks track record says Wilks is the problem.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If he's not then you're right. I guess Kyle thunks it's worth a shot. How much worse can they get.

4th in ppg so there's a long way down they can go

I mean the real issue is three straight games of scoring 17 points. Whatever the cause, that's not acceptable.

Let's try not turning the ball over inside the 10 yard line anymore.

That would go a long way to helping things, yes. Brock needs to step up. Yeah, he has little NFL experience, but a hell of a lot more than Trey did, as well as his four years of college experience which everyone was touting just a couple months ago. The time is now for Brock to prove he deserves to be our Franchise QB for the next decade. If he throws another stinker, I'm starting to look at incoming college QBs a lot more closer.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I mean the real issue is three straight games of scoring 17 points. Whatever the cause, that's not acceptable.

Dude we are like 15th with the best front 7 personnel in the league. That's absolutely unacceptable. It's horrible.

Offense has had fumbles, interceptions and special teams has missed FG's. Those are the 17 point problems. It would be more. I think those will get worked out. Even if we hit the FG it would be 2 losses and not 3 and this team wouldn't look anywhere near as bad or desperate now. Keep it in perspective. The defense is hugely problematic with this personnel. There is no reason to be that bad with that much talent.

Sometimes your offense has to bail out your defense. But as you said: "Offense has had fumbles, interceptions and special teams has missed FG's." THESE are why we lost those games. That has to go away. If we have a Franchise QB, like everyone hopes, then our Franchise QB needs to compensate for our defense having a cold streak. That's what Franchise QBs do. Brock needs to step up. "You hater blah blah." No, I like Brock. But I want him to be a Franchise QB, and if not that, then a game manager who doesn't throw game losing picks. That's what Jimmy was. He was a guy who threw game losing picks and relied on the defense to save his ass. I don't want another Jimmy. Brock has things Jimmy doesn't, so if he can clean up those mindbogglingly poorly timed interceptions, then maybe he's our guy. But if he's our guy, he needs to be our guy NOW, not two years from now when he's due an extension.

tl;dr: Yes the defense has struggled. When that happens, you need your Franchise QB to step up and rescue the team. That's what we need from Brock, and if he can't do it, maybe he's not the guy.
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Way too much being made of this comment honestly. And I can't stand Wilks.

Well then do it.

Kyle said something similar once. He wants guys who can overcome coaching. Well, we need that right now. From the whole team. Hopefully like in 1988 when the team basically mutinied against themselves, had a players-only meeting, and turned it around.

Well then do it.

Kyle said something similar once. He wants guys who can overcome coaching. Well, we need that right now. From the whole team. Hopefully like in 1988 when the team basically mutinied against themselves, had a players-only meeting, and turned it around.

Its true. Its rare one team can just beat another NFL team on talent alone week in and out, but if ever a team could, this is one of them. Hoping the last 3 weeks was our bottom.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Well then do it.

Its true. Its rare one team can just beat another NFL team on talent alone week in and out, but if ever a team could, this is one of them. Hoping the last 3 weeks was our bottom.

Talent is great but team chemistry is just as important. You can't just collect talent and expect everything to go smoothly. I find it hard to believe that some members of the team don't resent the high salaries that a few are getting. It's only natural to want what the other guy has.

Well then do it.

Talent is great but team chemistry is just as important. You can't just collect talent and expect everything to go smoothly. I find it hard to believe that some members of the team don't resent the high salaries that a few are getting. It's only natural to want what the other guy has.

Wilks and chemistry probably have something to do with it. But I also think losing Jimmie Ward is really hurting us. Also Shaair.

Well then do it.

Wilks and chemistry probably have something to do with it. But I also think losing Jimmie Ward is really hurting us. Also Shaair.

Remember how much people wanted to trade Jimmie ward because he was hurt so often. You never know how much you miss a player until they're gone.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well then do it.

I'm pretty sure all coaches want that in players. It allows the coaches to screw up at the same time blame the players for not doing their job. Lol

Well then do it.

I doubt this completely and David Lombardi has addressed this. They gave Javon Hargrave money- literally one of the best at his position. Players aren't going to resent guys that are better than them getting paid. We don't bring in high priced mediocre guys (anymore).
Share 49ersWebzone