LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 217 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Was he on the sidelines today and not in the booth? I remember Kyle mentioning something to that effect. I think the d lone played better today. The chase signing was a game changer TBH.

have you watched the game ? they've been showing him on the sidelines a lot

Recorded it to analyze later. I was out running wifey errands today, boo hahah. Sorry I wasn't paying attention 😜
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't know if it was having Wilks on the sideline or having Young at the other end but something lit a fire under Bosa.

To me they must've made him run more what DR did last year by mixing up the fronts. Using stunts and having guys line up all over. Chase definitely helped with that.
Kudos to Wilks willing to adjust to the sideline for his defensive guys. It's not what he preferred but thank you Steve
Felt the heat and stood up, nice
Originally posted by Disp:
Did an amazing job today and seemed like there was either little or no Oliver play today?

Yup. I didn't notice him. Everyone said he was the crutch.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Disp:
Did an amazing job today and seemed like there was either little or no Oliver play today?

Yup. I didn't notice him. Everyone said he was the crutch.

Oliver didn't see the field at all thank god! And Thomas even played well and got robbed of a td
Originally posted by Montana:
Felt the heat and stood up, nice

Pretty much. Adding Young didn't hurt either, but it was good to see him interacting with his guys.
Best DC in the league
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
We have a MAJOR problem at CB folks. Trevor Lawrence is not an apt quarterback, and left a lot on the field today. Any real quarterback wouldve given us a run for our money today. Thank goodness the offense came out and showed some life today.

I dont know what combo Wilks has up his sleeve, but our number one corner is a number 2 at best. And our number 2 and 3 corners should probably be watching from the sidelines, they are so horrible.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
We have a MAJOR problem at CB folks. Trevor Lawrence is not an apt quarterback, and left a lot on the field today. Any real quarterback wouldve given us a run for our money today. Thank goodness the offense came out and showed some life today.

I dont know what combo Wilks has up his sleeve, but our number one corner is a number 2 at best. And our number 2 and 3 corners should probably be watching from the sidelines, they are so horrible.

While our secondary play needs to improve I disagree on ward not being a 1

He coaches a lot better on the sideline. Also when he's not doing stupid calls and getting back to what we do. I like it much better.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wonder if Wilks noticing that #13 is just running a simple OUT pattern..

I wonder if the thread will notice we held Jags in their house to 3 in a half
and ppl still *******

I did predicted that we'll hold the Jagz under 13...
Originally posted by DrEll:

Our corners aren't hall of fame but you act like every team has a group of corners that don't give up a big play from time to time or even holding/PI. In todays league I want to see a d that has 3 guys that are top end
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Now this is the defense we're use to seeing!!!! Finally!!!!

Also I rarely saw Oliver out there too, nice decision Wills thank you.

Now if you can just do this to the Eagles you will have me sold!!!
On that sack fumble, they put Arik Armstead in zone coverage and rushed only Nick, Chace and the Gravedigger.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 12, 2023 at 2:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone