LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 245 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Our corners aren't hall of fame but you act like every team has a group of corners that don't give up a big play from time to time or even holding/PI. In todays league I want to see a d that has 3 guys that are top end

9ers are weaker than most. Best chance is to have Thomas develop.

Lenoir is still a problem.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
On that sack fumble, they put Arik Armstead in zone coverage and rushed only Nick, Chace and the Gravedigger.

Best move Wilks has made yet
The PIP is working.
Sooo he still need to be fired or nah? I got mixed feelings
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

I definitely have to see more. Had some great games and some horrible games. Consistency would be nice, but let's see how they do these next few games.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

we needed to get rid of him the week before the BYE so that new DC can have time to make his own adjustment.. too late now..
Originally posted by DrEll:
We have a MAJOR problem at CB folks. Trevor Lawrence is not an apt quarterback, and left a lot on the field today. Any real quarterback wouldve given us a run for our money today. Thank goodness the offense came out and showed some life today.

I dont know what combo Wilks has up his sleeve, but our number one corner is a number 2 at best. And our number 2 and 3 corners should probably be watching from the sidelines, they are so horrible.

Lol still complaining after a blowout loss where the D gave up 3 points
Defense allowing just 15.8 points a game. Is that tops in the league?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
On that sack fumble, they put Arik Armstead in zone coverage and rushed only Nick, Chace and the Gravedigger.

Best move Wilks has made yet

Taking advantage of that ridiculous height.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by DrEll:
We have a MAJOR problem at CB folks. Trevor Lawrence is not an apt quarterback, and left a lot on the field today. Any real quarterback wouldve given us a run for our money today. Thank goodness the offense came out and showed some life today.

I dont know what combo Wilks has up his sleeve, but our number one corner is a number 2 at best. And our number 2 and 3 corners should probably be watching from the sidelines, they are so horrible.

Lol still complaining after a blowout loss where the D gave up 3 points

And it's not like we're the cowboys beating up on a team that's soon to pick 1, we went on the road against a team that won 5 straight that's was 6-2 and held them to 3

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Defense allowing just 15.8 points a game. Is that tops in the league?

3rd behind Kansas City and Baltimore.
a step in the right direction.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Yes sir, one game at a time, but I liked what I saw today. He made sure to stop the run.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Yes sir, one game at a time, but I liked what I saw today. He made sure to stop the run.

I'm actually impressed they did a decent job against the run today knowing Jacksonville wants to run the ball.
Defense played with purpose and better energy than in the past 3 games. Wilks gets a week off from the bashing.
Share 49ersWebzone