LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 309 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Seeing him on the field giving everyone a dab or high five 5 near the end of the game is a nice touch. Gets to a closer level.

i guess Wilks Booth is no more
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Seeing him on the field giving everyone a dab or high five 5 near the end of the game is a nice touch. Gets to a closer level.

or he could have gotten John Wilkes booth'd
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 12, 2023 at 7:08 PM ]
Sidelines worked for Steve! Dream of another 3rd round comp pick is alive!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

or he could have gotten John Wilkes booth'd

"Other than that Ms Lawrence, how did you enjoy the game?"

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Hopefully he stays on the field. I liked seeing him interact with the guys at the end there. I didn't see him interact much during the game but work in progress.
Um, was that Wilks that walked onto the field voiding the Ambry TD? His back is turned, but damn, send him back to the booth😂

For the record, I was glad to see him on the sidelines as that's what our team is used to doing with success.
[ Edited by justjim77 on Nov 12, 2023 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
Sidelines worked for Steve! Dream of another 3rd round comp pick is alive!

I imagine the communication between him and players was much better with him so near and accessible. I never liked him in the booth. You have to have EXCELLENT communication and it just creates lag time inbetween, IMO.

our players respond well to being hyped up and appreciated by the DC too. They did with demeco and salah, at least.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I imagine the communication between him and players was much better with him so near and accessible. I never liked him in the booth. You have to have EXCELLENT communication and it just creates lag time inbetween, IMO.

our players respond well to being hyped up and appreciated by the DC too. They did with demeco and salah, at least.

When the boss is on the sideline and in your ass you can feed off that intensity
Originally posted by bud49:
They looked a lot better with Oliver on the bench.

This
Definitely a step in the right direction but he's gotta ways to go before he loses that moniker.

I don't think wilks on the sidelines mattered tbh, adding chase and putting lenoir in the slot was the difference
I'll give the defense their credit. Played great today. Not sure if it will last. Hope it does.
let's talk about our D ranks for the year, just went into Jags allowed 3 pts
D like this, we can win the Super Bowl
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I was never on the fire Wilks bandwagon, made no sense, Wilks is a damn good DC, never got why you guys wanted him fired, it's the players that weren't executing, it is 1 game, but they look back to their first 5 games.

History simply proves this to be incorrect. He's a bad DC. He did well today but let's not get a head of ourselves.
Share 49ersWebzone