LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 293 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can anyone confirm that the Ambry Thomas TD was called back because Wilks didn't know where the sideline was and walked on the field? Can't believe no one is noticing this.
Originally posted by justjim77:
Can anyone confirm that the Ambry Thomas TD was called back because Wilks didn't know where the sideline was and walked on the field? Can't believe no one is noticing this.

It was Shanahan and a few players that were caught on the field during the play, not Wilks.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

It was Shanahan and a few players that were caught on the field during the play, not Wilks.

they'll be all moved up to the booth for the next one, after a mid week I have to be better presser, from the guilty parties
because that story isn't true. It was more than one person including Kyle being the farthest out on the field
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
because that story isn't true. It was more than one person including Kyle being the farthest out on the field

Thx. I saw an angle with players and Wilks. Didn't see Kyle. They all suck for that.

Thx. I saw an angle with players and Wilks. Didn't see Kyle. They all suck for that.
unless i'm mistaken Wilks for Kyle, i need to take another look

They all thought the play was over, and they wanted to celebrate and congratulate the turnover. Needless to say, the play was still live...
It actually worked out better for the Niners, as they did end up getting the TD, and it took more time off of the clock.

KS said they thought the okay was over, Thomas was on the ground w/the recovery. The players and coaches, KS included, ran in the field to celebrate w/o realizing the play was still live.

The lesson for all is stay off the field, period. Even if you think the play is dead.
I like how he opened the game with the 5 DL package. It's like he heard everyone complaining and told us to eat s**t, here's more 5 DL for you.
I did see Hargrave drop into coverage over the middle. I don't feel great about that but who knows maybe it really f**ked with the QBs head.

Originally posted by Youngone:
I did see Hargrave drop into coverage over the middle. I don't feel great about that but who knows maybe it really f**ked with the QBs head.

I saw Chase Young in coverage as well.
from other zoners posts, it sounds like all DL went into coverage at one point in the game
  • thl408

AA dropped into coverage on the Bosa strip sack play. That worked. The OL ended up triple teaming Hargrave with Bosa and Chase having 1on1s. Lol
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Like a different man today. I like his energy On the sidelines. Def a good thing for the players.

you realize all the D coordinators and their energy was a result of the players, right?
So you're saying you can be the defensive coordinator?

you realize all the D coordinators and their energy on the sidelines have been a byproduct of their players making plays, right?

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to argue? Are you saying he has no energy and it's simply energy from the players? No coaches bring any energy to the game? This may end to go in an off topic thread.
Originally posted by thl408:

AA dropped into coverage on the Bosa strip sack play. That worked. The OL ended up triple teaming Hargrave with Bosa and Chase having 1on1s. Lol

Like a stunt. Works for me.

it was a good game and I was surprised to see Wilks adjust so much. I didn't think he could do it, but let's keep stringing good games together. I would love to be wrong and hope he ends up being awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone