LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 394 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

A better clip here so you don't have to search the whole video on my prior post. Wilks was fired up! (No wordplay intended here lol)

THIS is the character of this team. Our guys need their coach to be a dawg barking on the sidelines with them after a big play, as well as the calm leader when we need to adjust. Wilks was always known for his leadership in terms of the latter, but I love seeing him as the former now too.

Hope to see much more of this pumped up version of Wilks.

I'd say that type of interaction has more of an effect than, "hey, coach wants to talk to you on the phone"…
Originally posted by thl408:
I'd say that type of interaction has more of an effect than, "hey, coach wants to talk to you on the phone"…

BINGO.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

A better clip here so you don't have to search the whole video on my prior post. Wilks was fired up! (No wordplay intended here lol)

THIS is the character of this team. Our guys need their coach to be a dawg barking on the sidelines with them after a big play, as well as the calm leader when we need to adjust. Wilks was always known for his leadership in terms of the latter, but I love seeing him as the former now too.

Hope to see much more of this pumped up version of Wilks.

The young fans eyes from the 9-11 second mark though
Run D not as dominant this year as I remember it last few years. The dominant defense starts with the dominant run defense. Opposition getting good chunks running, then the pass rush not getting there, defense can't get off the field on 3rd downs.

Bucs look almost unstoppable on 3rd downs at times.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Run D not as dominant this year as I remember it last few years. The dominant defense starts with the dominant run defense. Opposition getting good chunks running, then the pass rush not getting there, defense can't get off the field on 3rd downs.

Bucs look almost unstoppable on 3rd downs at times.

Yea. No omenihu. Kinlaw and armstead getting pushed back.
Death by a 1000 paper cuts.

You can move the ball methodically with short quick passes. They are always there. We cant get off the field on 3rd down.

We blitz and dont get here. They middle is open depsite having Greenlaw and Warner.

F this guy.
Feels like his blitzes hardly ever get home and QBs shred us. It's frustrating to watch. Just let the 4 horsemen put in that work. And if you really feel the need to blitz, just send an extra guy here and there. Because opposing OCs and QBs aren't fazed a single bit by the overload blitz he tries to do. Often times we would see Hufanga try and blitz only to be stonewalled at the line, leaving more open field.
And one more thing, we need to figure out a way to counter those damn screen passes every team keep throwing at us
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Feels like his blitzes hardly ever get home and QBs shred us. It's frustrating to watch. Just let the 4 horsemen put in that work. And if you really feel the need to blitz, just send an extra guy here and there. Because opposing OCs and QBs aren't fazed a single bit by the overload blitz he tries to do. Often times we would see Hufanga try and blitz only to be stonewalled at the line, leaving more open field.

Got a couple timely turnovers today overall, but still not the most encouraging performance for me at least. Thankfully our chief NFC rivals don't have QB's well known for dissecting defenses with their arm consistently. Goff might be the best at it and it's Goff, lol.
It's the damn coverage. Every 3rd down the db is giving way too much cushion.

Another good called game by Steve Wilks. Players are in position to make plays they just have to make them . The run defense is not going to be as good as it was in previous years because the team does not have the personnel to stuff the run as in years past. We just have to limit the damage as much and possible and get leads on teams. The team is designed to rush the passer not stuff the run.
He sucked again. He calls the worst blitz packages that dont even put pressure on the qb. He cant scheme a pass rush. Its just everyone go forward. He can't call plays to stop screens. And he was giving up 5 yards and first downs on the same 3 plays over and over and over and not able to put together the right play to stop them. His scheme flat out sucks. He has the best defensive players and can't use them properly. He needs to go. Addition by subtraction. Any joe of the street is better than this bum. They wanted 2 3rd round picks by hiring him. That ship has failed. Aint no one gonna hire him. He couldn't even coach high school football. He needs to go back to being a db coach and nothing else.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
And one more thing, we need to figure out a way to counter those damn screen passes every team keep throwing at us

I actually thought they only got a few minor gains at first and then we started shutting them down.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
He sucked again. He calls the worst blitz packages that dont even put pressure on the qb. He cant scheme a pass rush. Its just everyone go forward. He can't call plays to stop screens. And he was giving up 5 yards and first downs on the same 3 plays over and over and over and not able to put together the right play to stop them. His scheme flat out sucks. He has the best defensive players and can't use them properly. He needs to go. Addition by subtraction. Any joe of the street is better than this bum. They wanted 2 3rd round picks by hiring him. That ship has failed. Aint no one gonna hire him. He couldn't even coach high school football. He needs to go back to being a db coach and nothing else.

Yikes, I was not a Wilks fan going into the bye but personally I think he's done pretty good the past two games. IDK what you're talking about. We should've had four interceptions today, our guys just couldn't hang onto most of them.

Sure, maybe not a perfect game but come on, that's not gonna happen all the time.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Death by a 1000 paper cuts.

You can move the ball methodically with short quick passes. They are always there. We cant get off the field on 3rd down.

We blitz and dont get here. They middle is open depsite having Greenlaw and Warner.

F this guy.

Were number 1 in points allowed and number 1 in turnovers
Share 49ersWebzone