LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 313 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yikes, I was not a Wilks fan going into the bye but personally I think he's done pretty good the past two games. IDK what you're talking about. We should've had four interceptions today, our guys just couldn't hang onto most of them.

Sure, maybe not a perfect game but come on, that's not gonna happen all the time.

We have allowed the least amount of touchdowns in nfl and are number 1 ranked in points allowed and number 1 ranked in interceptions and number 3 ranked in opponent passer rating

Our fans like to complain and are dumb sometimes
[ Edited by ritz126 on Nov 19, 2023 at 8:39 PM ]
Fire Wilks still, or nah?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

the stats say no but my heart says yes.
Still don't trust him. But it's a little bit better.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
He sucked again. He calls the worst blitz packages that dont even put pressure on the qb. He cant scheme a pass rush. Its just everyone go forward. He can't call plays to stop screens. And he was giving up 5 yards and first downs on the same 3 plays over and over and over and not able to put together the right play to stop them. His scheme flat out sucks. He has the best defensive players and can't use them properly. He needs to go. Addition by subtraction. Any joe of the street is better than this bum. They wanted 2 3rd round picks by hiring him. That ship has failed. Aint no one gonna hire him. He couldn't even coach high school football. He needs to go back to being a db coach and nothing else.

Lol
I mean, I do think the blitzes he calls are less timely than Demeco's blitzes, but it's mostly because Demeco's blitzes were so rare teams didnt know how to deal with them. Plus Demeco would have Fred or Dre or Huf get home. Huf got worse at it because his technique was all about timing the snap and teams got used to it. Fred is too valuable to blitz when coverage is not great, kinda same with Greenlaw
Originally posted by Crown:

They would love you in Vegas. They'd be bringing you over free drinks and stuff.
People are complaining but whats crazy is we are allowing fewer points/game than last year have forced more turnovers than last year and are allowing the same yards/play as last year
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by joeknows:
Originally posted by Crown:

They would love you in Vegas. They'd be bringing you over free drinks and stuff.

I really don't trust our defense. They are either really high or really low. Luckily our Offense is playing lights out and limiting when the defense hits their low times.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I really don't trust our defense. They are either really high or really low. Luckily our Offense is playing lights out and limiting when the defense hits their low times.

im actually curious what do you mean by really lows. In what category are we really low at?
Originally posted by ritz126:

im actually curious what do you mean by really lows. In what category are we really low at?

Its not category, its situations in the games.

Like for this game we go up 27-7 late in the 3rd. So what you expect the defense to do is put the Pressure on the Bucs, and even if you let them score a TD, you make them earn it on a long drive that takes us pretty far into the 4th quarter.

What happens though is 5 Plays, just over 2 minutes, and a TD given up making it a close game with a lot of time in the 4th.

Like for this game we go up 27-7 late in the 3rd. So what you expect the defense to do is put the Pressure on the Bucs, and even if you let them score a TD, you make them earn it on a long drive that takes us pretty far into the 4th quarter.

What happens though is 5 Plays, just over 2 minutes, and a TD given up making it a close game with a lot of time in the 4th.

so the defense low is allowing a touchdown when up 20 and not keeping them at 7 points into the 4th Q?
Originally posted by ritz126:

That bucs player flopping to draw the pass interference sure helped a lot. I hope that guy gets a huge fine. Can't have that dishonest crap. That is at least one reason why soccer, er futbol sucks so much.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

it's was a streak that exposed a thousand terrible takes
Share 49ersWebzone