LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 242 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
we are moaning about the #1 D in the NFL and in the KS era

This is not the #1 D in the Shanahan era.

in ppg it is
we still need more creativity at DL , need to add more stunts or something other bullrushes (last years DL scheme was better)
Originally posted by ritz126:
we are top 5 in yards/attempt allowed

so i dont see how coverage is soft. It seems to be only "soft" when we have a 2 score lead late in the game and want the opponent to run out the clock for us

It's been soft most of the season. It's why the DL numbers are down. As Smokey said the D has taken advantage of some bad defenses.

People will not be happy unless we're scoring 40+ PPG and allowing 7 PPG or less, and even then they'd find something to whine about lol. Sounds like most fans are annoyed if we don't win every game 35-0.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

People will not be happy unless we're scoring 40+ PPG and allowing 7 PPG or less, and even then they'd find something to whine about lol. Sounds like most fans are annoyed if we don't win every game 35-0.

yup, if I had to guess based simply on the vibe of the thread, I would guess we are 28th in points allowed right now
Wilks is doing his thing. Can't complain about anything outside of those three games in which the entire team struggled
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Wilks is doing his thing. Can't complain about anything outside of those three games in which the entire team struggled

Yah I'll admit I was just focusing my frustration on him. We don't wanna blame Shanahan but he deserved some of the blame at the time.

yup, if I had to guess based simply on the vibe of the thread, I would guess we are 28th in points allowed right now

Lets make a bet on Wilks, I say he's gone next year, and you say he stays, deal?

Because the #1 Defense couldn't possibly have better coaching.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You'd see something like that in film, not by citing statistics. We have feasted on some pretty terrible offenses this year so far and that can paint a statistical picture that isn't necessarily accurate to their capability.

If we have been feasted on by terrible offenses why have we allowed the fewest touchdowns in the nfl?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Lets make a bet on Wilks, I say he's gone next year, and you say he stays, deal?

let's lay the ground rules
#1, if he gets promoted, I win the bet
#2, Saleh is DC, no one wins the bet, it's a draw

what say you

Sketchy bet IMO. I could see us standing pat even if the D doesn't perform at a level it should down the stretch and into the high stakes games.

what say you

If Saleh is DC by definition Waterbear is right.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Especially if one of the basis of your arguments is that we're at or near the top of the previous years' defenses based on ppg.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

what say you

it ain't a bet yet, we are laying ground rules
I want a Saleh exemption, that can be a draw

what say you

If Wilks is promoted to HC?

You absolutely win the bet.

And its only a draw with Saleh if they announce he's DC within a week of Wilks being let go.

what say you

If Wilks is promoted to HC?

You absolutely win the bet.

And its only a draw with Saleh if they announce he's DC within a week of Wilks being let go.

Share 49ersWebzone