LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 245 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
If Wilks is promoted to HC?

You absolutely win the bet.

And its only a draw with Saleh if they announce he's DC within a week of Wilks being let go.

Hey a Freudian slip to what faithful really wants to see happen.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If Wilks is promoted to HC?

You absolutely win the bet.

And its only a draw with Saleh if they announce he's DC within a week of Wilks being let go.

don't be a
he would be appointed HC elsewhere,
you and your strawman, it never ends

I'd be pretty surprised if Saleh gets fired over this season. Figure he'll get a chance to see the healthy version of this team.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I'd be pretty surprised if Saleh gets fired over this season. Figure he'll get a chance to see the healthy version of this team.
even if fired, does he accept a Coord position after ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I would think definitely, obviously provided he doesn't immediately get another HC offer. Who knows if that would happen.
Wait people actually think/believe Wilks will be fired? We have one of the best defenses in the NFL, I can see him getting a HC gig, not fired though, makes no sense. Also if he gets a HC gig we won't get a comp pick due to the fact Wilks needs to be here for 2 or more years to qualify for that minority comp pick for the 49ers, Wilks will be the DC in 2024 IMO.
If Saleh is DC by definition Waterbear is right.

Especially if one of the basis of your arguments is that we're at or near the top of the previous years' defenses based on ppg.
My line of thinking is that Wilks coaches poorly, leading to him being let go, or the defense/players performs poorly, and Wilks will be the scapegoat, or we win it all and I lose the bet.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I would think definitely, obviously provided he doesn't immediately get another HC offer. Who knows if that would happen.

I think he'd star in the new 300 movie. :)
[ Edited by Waterbear on Nov 20, 2023 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Wait people actually think/believe Wilks will be fired? We have one of the best defenses in the NFL, I can see him getting a HC gig, not fired though, makes no sense. Also if he gets a HC gig we won't get a comp pick due to the fact Wilks needs to be here for 2 or more years to qualify for that minority comp pick for the 49ers, Wilks will be the DC in 2024 IMO.

Yup. I don't think he's a good coordinator at all. It's hard to separate talent from coaching, but we will see.
My line of thinking is that Wilks coaches poorly, leading to him being let go, or the defense/players performs poorly, and Wilks will be the scapegoat, or we win it all and I lose the bet.

Lol, you're going to end up getting middled in a wildly disappointing way.

Lol, you're going to end up getting middled in a wildly disappointing way.

You can jump in on faithful's side of the bet if you want...

we both "agreed" to hand over our first-born child.

(I don't have kids)
You can jump in on faithful's side of the bet if you want...

we both "agreed" to hand over our first-born child.

(I don't have kids)

I'm good, lol. I'd probably rather take your side at this point. It's at least the side I think should* make sense.

Yup. I don't think he's a good coordinator at all. It's hard to separate talent from coaching, but we will see.

Reasoning for this? One of the top Defenses in the league, yet he's not a good DC? Wow just wow
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
don't be a
he would be appointed HC elsewhere,
you and your strawman, it never ends

Nobody is hiring Wilks to be HC right now.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Reasoning for this? One of the top Defenses in the league, yet he's not a good DC? Wow just wow

WIlks wont be fired and he will make HC in the next 2-3 years.
this is written in the stars.

I havent loved him but he is pretty good and the stats tell a different story than the feelings.
Share 49ersWebzone