LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 216 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
If Wilks doesn't attack this Philly O the way the Chiefs are then we know he's a complete failure. This is a blue print in defending short quick screens and slants with press coverage.

I was thinking the same thing while I watched that game. KC doesn't have near as good a front 7 that the Niners do. They were able to completely shut down Philly for much of the night. Sacking Hurts. Stopping the run for losses. There's no reason the SF D can't do the same. They need to attack more and not play passively.

Idk… KC's front is really good. Not saying their linebackers are comparable, but their DL is very good. Chris Jones is probably more impactful than Bosa. Not to mention they have better corners.

Spags is a heck of a DC, also
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If Wilks doesn't attack this Philly O the way the Chiefs are then we know he's a complete failure. This is a blue print in defending short quick screens and slants with press coverage.

I was thinking the same thing while I watched that game. KC doesn't have near as good a front 7 that the Niners do. They were able to completely shut down Philly for much of the night. Sacking Hurts. Stopping the run for losses. There's no reason the SF D can't do the same. They need to attack more and not play passively.

Idk… KC's front is really good. Not saying their linebackers are comparable, but their DL is very good. Chris Jones is probably more impactful than Bosa. Not to mention they have better corners.

The Niners have 5 former 1st round picks in the D line. They also have 2 second rounders and a third rounder (Hargrave) in that group. They have pro bowlers and DPOY guys on that line. If they can't do to the Eagles what KC did then they're under achieving.
The Niners have 5 former 1st round picks in the D line. They also have 2 second rounders and a third rounder (Hargrave) in that group. They have pro bowlers and DPOY guys on that line. If they can't do to the Eagles what KC did then they're under achieving.

it will be the clash of the tier 1s
I think a test also, SEA we know they like to pound the run game, and that gave us a prob during the L streak so we have a test coming here
I'm not comfortable with this guy yet.

Luckily we play the eagles and ravens soon. I am concerned about stopping their rushing attacks. If we can't do that Purdy will have to go nuclear to have a chance.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
And those were by far their 2 most dominant games. I don't trust Wilks at all

Again. and i will keep saying this as long as people say they cant trust this DC
Here are our NFL ranks
points per game:1st
TD allowed: 2nd
yards allowed: 5th
Turnovers: 2nd
interceptions:1st

PPG we are allowing less than last year
Yards per game we are allowing the same as last year
Turnovers we are forcing more than last year

Still don't trust him lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Luckily we play the eagles and ravens soon. I am concerned about stopping their rushing attacks. If we can't do that Purdy will have to go nuclear to have a chance.

that's how it all starts, stop the run, make teams one dimensional and we can pass rush and generate the TOs

that's how it all starts, stop the run, make teams one dimensional and we can pass rush and generate the TOs

Easier said than done.

Easier said than done.

Yessir, want to see how they deploy Brown, and if he's more in the box, or coming as a free rusher, Huf would be deployed in all manner of ways, would help with the run game. Almost like an extra backer. Now Huf he didn't look right all season, from his monster 2022 campaign, I think it was the cyst. Maybe Brown can have an instant impact. He already had his fingerprints all over the last game toward the end, both good and bad. But you put a young DB like that in the hands of Wilks. Wilks is a DB expert as his specialty.

Easier said than done.

Yessir, want to see how they deploy Brown, and if he's more in the box, or coming as a free rusher, Huf would be deployed in all manner of ways, would help with the run game. Almost like an extra backer. Now Huf he didn't look right all season, from his monster 2022 campaign, I think it was the cyst. Maybe Brown can have an instant impact. He already had his fingerprints all over the last game toward the end, both good and bad. But you put a young DB like that in the hands of Wilks. Wilks is a DB expert as his specialty.

Yeah that's what they say at least. It would have been nice if could identify a slot corner for his scheme, not pound table for Oliver who can't play that position.
Yeah that's what they say at least. It would have been nice if could identify a slot corner for his scheme, not pound table for Oliver who can't play that position.

let's not get worked up over Oliver, he's making peanuts, and already has outsnapped his 2022 season, so he's given us more snaps in 10 games than he gave ATL all last year

look at a lil bit of resurgence here from Ambry, and Lenoir also, these guys are rounding into form, are they not? Ward playing well.

• All22
  • Veteran

But Wilks kinda sucks though. All the creative blitzes and free runners to the QB from last season are gone. Even when we rush 5 or 6 everyone gets picked up and multiple guys have to win their matchup to get pressure.
[ Edited by All22 on Nov 21, 2023 at 10:01 AM ]
At the 15:00 mark Baldy talks about Ji'Ayir Brown.

We had almost gave up our defense but it was good an ints by Brown and important for pass deflections. The pressure is too good for quarterback hits and sack when quarterback will have no time to throw!!

If Our Defense lines cant sack to the quarterback then watch out his throw the ball then get to Pass Deflections or same sacks that either..
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Nov 21, 2023 at 6:16 PM ]

True.. Wilks need study this Eagles Offensive score then he must calls for attack for sacks or quarterback hits! If he know how does are quarterback hits and sacks. Or if he is failed then he is dumb.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Nov 21, 2023 at 6:19 PM ]
My only concerns are Wilks, Moody some(though he has gotten better) and Kyle time clock moments. If we tighten up, play smart and hungry we got a chance. We got the arsenal..let's Brock n LOAD!
Share 49ersWebzone