There are 304 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wonder how much of the sudden rise of Ambry Thomas, a fourth year player who didn't show much for three years, is due to Wilks.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
OK don't go hiding now. How many of you all have the guts to come in here and apologize to Coach Steve Wilks? Come on and swallow our pride and admit you all were wrong. I told you that he is the best DC the 49ers have had under Kyle Shanahan and it is not even close. All the stats this out, and against the two best teams in the NFC, his defense has dominated. Especially impressive today against the former 10-1 best team in the NFL their place and them playing with more intensity in a game then they have all season long.

Bring your asses in here! The board is open

Swallowing pride means:to decide to do something although it will make you feel embarrassed or ashamed

Apologize for what?

Being mad because he was making a supremely talented defense run around like chickens with their heads cut off?

I was very harsh on Wilks, that has faded now that we're playing at our level. I am happy with him and job he's doing currently.

But if making a top flight D look like a top flight D requires a mea culpa, I'd say you're crazy.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Gotta give Wilks credit. Holding them to those FGs was HUGE. He's gotten better and the unit has improved. Props.
He's so much better on the field. Never let him the booth again. Don't even give him a key. LOL. Lock him out.

Perfect gameplan, I even thought the rare blitzes werent needed. Main thing was rush four, contain the edges and force Hurts to pass with lot of back seven in coverage, with Warner in the middle for spy/underneath stuff.

Hurts inability to exploit the middle of the field consistently ended up one of the main stories of the game, in my opinion.
Big props to him for containing those back to back 12 play drives to just 6 points in the 1st quarter because our Offense was still on the plane.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
I wonder how much of the sudden rise of Ambry Thomas, a fourth year player who didn't show much for three years, is due to Wilks.

yessir and keep in mind, he has a rook instead of an All Pro at safety
Lenoir also these young DBs are finding themselves
Originally posted by Ark49er:
OK don't go hiding now. How many of you all have the guts to come in here and apologize to Coach Steve Wilks? Come on and swallow our pride and admit you all were wrong. I told you that he is the best DC the 49ers have had under Kyle Shanahan and it is not even close. All the stats this out, and against the two best teams in the NFC, his defense has dominated. Especially impressive today against the former 10-1 best team in the NFL their place and them playing with more intensity in a game then they have all season long.

Bring your asses in here! The board is open

Swallowing pride means:to decide to do something although it will make you feel embarrassed or ashamed
Calling him out for his previous failures doesn't constitute an apology but I'll give credit were it's due he's been excellent since the move to the sidelines and will no longer call him Steve Wilks Booth ...this season.
I must tip my hat.

Almost a horrible first quarter but the defense held up.

They adjusted and he knew the eagles o line is dominant but they covered so well and minimized any running that it didn't matter much.
There were multiple plays where Hurts had an eternity to throw but no one was open. Secondary is improved.

If only this bum could scheme a pass rush and a blitz where it actually worked. We win in spite of him every week
A bit shaky at times on 3rd downs but 6pts given up in the 1qrt while the offense has negative yards is a win
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
If only this bum could scheme a pass rush and a blitz where it actually worked. We win in spite of him every week

only nitpicking but must admit he is on fire right now.

still has a knack for blitzing at the wrong time.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Took away Swift and made them one dimensional.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
There were multiple plays where Hurts had an eternity to throw but no one was open. Secondary is improved.

Big time. Super impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone