There are 241 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Didnt analyze but it felt like we had alot of coverage sacks/pressures yesterday.

The pass rush had to stay discipline. Hurts was still able to roll to the side, but we did a good job to not let him scramble right in the middle.

The coverage must have been good, but there was no way they could have lock down the receivers for so long on so many plays. I think Hurts got exposed. He wasn't good in finding open receivers off script.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
The pass rush had to stay discipline. Hurts was still able to roll to the side, but we did a good job to not let him scramble right in the middle.

The coverage must have been good, but there was no way they could have lock down the receivers for so long on so many plays. I think Hurts got exposed. He wasn't good in finding open receivers off script.

Do we know what the time to pressure was for our dline? Seemed like forever (by design)
Didnt analyze but it felt like we had alot of coverage sacks/pressures yesterday.

I don't think going through progressions is one of Hurts strengths. If you lock his primary read down he struggles until it turns into a scramble drill.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I don't think going through progressions is one of Hurts strengths. If you lock his primary read down he struggles until it turns into a scramble drill.

I wonder how many guys were even open though? I saw him "progress",...just didn't see him notice many people open.

Not many sacks...but that was actually by design. Check out the post game comments from Bosa. (starts about 4:30)

Originally posted by random49er:

I wonder how many guys were even open though? I saw him "progress",...just didn't see him notice many people open.

Ya I would love to see a Johnny Del or JTO review Hurts all 22
Wilks is really heating up. Out of the last 3 stud DCs, he is the best so far containing scrambling qbs. The way I saw the dline play against hurts, it was brilliant. We need to do something similar against Lamar. But he is a much better passer and runner than Hurts so it could be tough. But I think their oline is a bit worse than Philly and I'm not as scared of their receiving core, even though it's respectable.
Maybe He shouldn't have poked the Bear. The hit from Lenoir to Swift was for Wilks 😊

I heard someone bring up that this was the best defensive performance against a mobile QB since Shanahan took over. Have to give Wilks credit for the game plan, and hope that it might have finally solved our issues in that area.
Very pleased with how he has turned things around

only diva head coaches like nick siriana wear those grandma's golfing day visor hats
Originally posted by Niners99:
I heard someone bring up that this was the best defensive performance against a mobile QB since Shanahan took over. Have to give Wilks credit for the game plan, and hope that it might have finally solved our issues in that area.

Going to need that for the Cards and Ravens
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yep, had the defense allowed TDs on their frirst 2 drives last night instead of FGs, that game would have been a lot different.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Yep, had the defense allowed TDs on their frirst 2 drives last night instead of FGs, that game would have been a lot different.
Yeah 42-27
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Eagles couldn't run and they spied Hurts to keep him contained. All they had to do was cover the WRs and they did a great job of that. The Eagles don't have a TE like Kittle or a RB like CMC so they're easier to shut down.

Goedert is a pretty wicked TE he will likely play next time we see them...he is one of those annoying first down makers.
Share 49ersWebzone