49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 391 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
100% deflection. I'm channeling my inner faithful.

I've gone out of my way to publicly eat crow. You don't need to worry about that.

Always a nice change when people who get things wrong own up to it.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Yeah, defense can feel soft for some stretches, but outside of our 3 game slump, the defense is performing at an elite level when you zoom out and see the big picture.

That 3 games losing streak was more on Kyle Shanahan than Wilks, but I know most 49ers fans drunk that spiked punch Kyle Shanahan put out there to throw folks off the fact his loaded offense could only score 17 points. Not saying you, damn sometimes I wonder where some of these unjustified criticisms come from, really come from about Wilks. I mean when you have our offensive weapons, QB, and legendary play designer and signal caller, we should win games when the defense gives up 19 and 22(OT) in a game. The Bengals scored the season high of 31 points and that is still by far the highest point total the defense has given up to this point. The next highest is 23 points to the Rams back on Sept 17th. None of the previous DC that everyone around here treats like they are the greatest DC ever seen, never had a run like Wilks is currently having in any season.

The Ravens offense will be very hard to contain and it has all the makings of being a game that we need to win 34-31. The Rams game at the end of the season might not matter if the 49ers win all their games before facing them. They could score some points on our backups.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I've gone out of my way to publicly eat crow. You don't need to worry about that.

he never answered the question, I was asking if he still thinks he's winning the bet, maybe he would bet differently, having seen recent games, or maybe not
one thing I am realizing, DAL is now #1 in points on offense

we held the top scoring offense to 10
it was their lowest output this season
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

he never answered the question, I was asking if he still thinks he's winning the bet, maybe he would bet differently, having seen recent games, or maybe not

You asked me this last week, and I gave you my answer.

Thought you were being annoying on purpose, I guess it was just an accident then.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
On the sideline, after Aiyuk fumbled catching and YAC between two hitting defenders, you can see Wilks said to Aiyuk, 'we'll get it back'

Do your thang on the sideline Wilks

Yeah. Not that he cares but I owe this dude an apology. lol
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Crown:
I still think he takes too long to make adjustments in the first half but once he does he is pretty locked in.

Secondary has improved a ton under him.

He is the first D cord i can recall in a long time that has an answer for running QBs.

The stats don't lie. He is doing very well.

May even get HC looks in a couple months.
ee
Yeah, defense can feel soft for some stretches, but outside of our 3 game slump, the defense is performing at an elite level when you zoom out and see the big picture.

agree
Originally posted by Ark49er:
That 3 games losing streak was more on Kyle Shanahan than Wilks, but I know most 49ers fans drunk that spiked punch Kyle Shanahan put out there to throw folks off the fact his loaded offense could only score 17 points. Not saying you, damn sometimes I wonder where some of these unjustified criticisms come from, really come from about Wilks. I mean when you have our offensive weapons, QB, and legendary play designer and signal caller, we should win games when the defense gives up 19 and 22(OT) in a game. The Bengals scored the season high of 31 points and that is still by far the highest point total the defense has given up to this point. The next highest is 23 points to the Rams back on Sept 17th. None of the previous DC that everyone around here treats like they are the greatest DC ever seen, never had a run like Wilks is currently having in any season.

The Ravens offense will be very hard to contain and it has all the makings of being a game that we need to win 34-31. The Rams game at the end of the season might not matter if the 49ers win all their games before facing them. They could score some points on our backups.

The Rams game would be the real test for me, and it very likely will matter. Ravens have a good offense but I think we're better suited to defend them similar to what we did against the Eagles. Most concerning performances have come against good pocket QB's. Had a nice performance against Dak in the first matchup, but it hasn't been great overall.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Ark49er:

The Rams game would be the real test for me, and it very likely will matter. Ravens have a good offense but I think we're better suited to defend them similar to what we did against the Eagles. Most concerning performances have come against good pocket QB's. Had a nice performance against Dak in the first matchup, but it hasn't been great overall.

What hasn't been great overall?

Our defense when we've played QB's who can pass the ball (outside of the Cowboy game).

Our defense when we've played QB's who can pass the ball (outside of the Cowboy game).

Still doing the ol we haven't played anybody I see..
it's week 14, you realize?
we are nearly done with the entire slate

That isn't what I said, lol. I said something very specific about the types of offenses I think we've struggled with.

I certainly think the Eagles have a good offense. Seahawks offense is hot and cold but can be pretty good.

That isn't what I said, lol. I said something very specific about the types of offenses I think we've struggled with.

I certainly think the Eagles have a good offense. Seahawks offense is hot and cold but can be pretty good.

Who do you think the top pocket passers are in the NFC, who scares you?
You mentioned Stafford as a real test, realize we faced him already
looks like he had to throw 55 times ( ) to get 300 yds and was picked 2x
Who do you think the top pocket passers are in the NFC, who scares you?
You mentioned Stafford as a real test, realize we faced him already
looks like he had to throw 55 times ( ) to get 300 yds and was picked 2x

One of those picks went right through the running backs hands so we were fortunate. Plus they did a good job keeping the ball away from our offense throughout the game.

I agree though… there's not many threats in the NFC and even the AFC has thinned out at least in part due to injury. I think the Rams are a sleeper bad matchup for us at least on that side of the ball. The game is about matchups and 'styles make fights'.
  • thl408

This must be your first time conversing with F6. Try to stay on topic or it will quickly tangent. I know what you're saying about playing good pocket QBs. The good part is there aren't many.
Share 49ersWebzone