49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 833 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
This must be your first conversing with F6. Try to stay on topic or it will quickly tangent.

Faithful is good in my book. No issue with him taking hypothetical bullets for Wilks, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
That isn't what I said, lol. I said something very specific about the types of offenses I think we've struggled with.

I certainly think the Eagles have a good offense. Seahawks offense is hot and cold but can be pretty good.

This must be your first time conversing with F6. Try to stay on topic or it will quickly tangent. I know what you're saying about playing good pocket QBs. The good part is there aren't many.

Personal attack! Someone call the mods
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
This must be your first conversing with F6. Try to stay on topic or it will quickly tangent.

Faithful is good in my book. No issue with him taking hypothetical bullets for Wilks, lol.

I think Wilks has done good work, particularly with these young DBs. to lose Huf and not miss a beat with a rook getting major snaps, and that was going into situations like SEA & PHI.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think Wilks has done good work, particularly with these young DBs. to lose Huf and not miss a beat with a rook getting major snaps, and that was going into situations like SEA & PHI.

It's not even necessarily the job he's done with the secondary for me, good or bad. That's our weakest spot so I wouldn't expect all pro level play there. It's that the rush schemes and blitzes might not work to our advantage when we face good/great QB's and then that secondary really gets exposed. We have absolutely awesome players in that front group, lol… and even added.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
I still think he takes too long to make adjustments in the first half but once he does he is pretty locked in.

Secondary has improved a ton under him.

He is the first D cord i can recall in a long time that has an answer for running QBs.

The stats don't lie. He is doing very well.

May even get HC looks in a couple months.

Agree 💯%,and for a DB coach to be able to stop the runs with the wide 9 formation. Kudo's to him! I hate the Wide 9 against the run, love it against the pass.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Wilks looks good on the sideline. Different personality than Demeco and Saleh who were super hype and energetic, rather he is a calming presence, a father like figure

I like this take.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Wilks looks good on the sideline. Different personality than Demeco and Saleh who were super hype and energetic, rather he is a calming presence, a father like figure

I like this take.

I would agree, much different presence for sure!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I like this take.

I would agree, much different presence for sure!

Honestly I never thought of it like that. This defense has matured, besides that 3 game skid, this defense doesn't get too rattled.
Wild
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Wild

Wasnt the only time in this game. It's actually something we've done before with Meco. Ran this same thing against Seattle on TNF last year, I believe it was 2nd quarter.

Fred motioned out with a RB, wide and then played a cloud in 2zone.

Wilks had a fantastic plan for DK in this game and though they did get the one shot to him, it's why he was so quiet and they used DK against the Hawks, actually. They kept baiting Lock into looking to Metcalf on alert fades and it caused him to be off rhythm on his reads. My video today is all defense and it's long. There was so much good in this game. Much better than the score would suggest.

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Wild

Wasnt the only time in this game. It's actually something we've done before with Meco. Ran this same thing against Seattle on TNF last year, I believe it was 2nd quarter.

Fred motioned out with a RB, wide and then played a cloud in 2zone.

Wilks had a fantastic plan for DK in this game and though they did get the one shot to him, it's why he was so quiet and they used DK against the Hawks, actually. They kept baiting Lock into looking to Metcalf on alert fades and it caused him to be off rhythm on his reads. My video today is all defense and it's long. There was so much good in this game. Much better than the score would suggest.

Nice! Gotta be happy with the result as you mention, minus Ward early on. That is a huge loss, but they didn't allow SEA to take advantage. Even the TD was well covered.
Wild

i remember that play and was thinking wow Fred is out there on a receiver LOL it was a clever disguise but the QB was a fool to think it was man coverage with Fred lining up at CB
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Wild

i remember that play and was thinking wow Fred is out there on a receiver LOL it was a clever disguise but the QB was a fool to think it was man coverage with Fred lining up at CB

From what i know - Jalen Graham and Dee Winters are in the Fred Warner type mould. A bit undersized but fast as DBs and can cover like them. I look forward to seeing them play if they get their chance.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Wild

From what i know - Jalen Graham and Dee Winters are in the Fred Warner type mould. A bit undersized but fast as DBs and can cover like them. I look forward to seeing them play if they get their chance.

I think Graham is in the Fred Warner mould, and Winters is in the Dre Greenlaw mould.
Wild

Warner wasn't on a receiver, it was a TE out wide
Share 49ersWebzone