There are 719 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Wild

i remember that play and was thinking wow Fred is out there on a receiver LOL it was a clever disguise but the QB was a fool to think it was man coverage with Fred lining up at CB

From what i know - Jalen Graham and Dee Winters are in the Fred Warner type mould. A bit undersized but fast as DBs and can cover like them. I look forward to seeing them play if they get their chance.

I think Graham is in the Fred Warner mould, and Winters is in the Dre Greenlaw mould.

Truth.

Dee Winters is 5'11", 224
Greenlaw is 6'0" 225
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Wild

Wasnt the only time in this game. It's actually something we've done before with Meco. Ran this same thing against Seattle on TNF last year, I believe it was 2nd quarter.

Fred motioned out with a RB, wide and then played a cloud in 2zone.

Wilks had a fantastic plan for DK in this game and though they did get the one shot to him, it's why he was so quiet and they used DK against the Hawks, actually. They kept baiting Lock into looking to Metcalf on alert fades and it caused him to be off rhythm on his reads. My video today is all defense and it's long. There was so much good in this game. Much better than the score would suggest.

This is the kind of disguising that earns the pass rush another few ticks to get home. I've never seen one safety cross the other safety to get to their landmark like on this play.
  • thl408
Wasnt the only time in this game. It's actually something we've done before with Meco. Ran this same thing against Seattle on TNF last year, I believe it was 2nd quarter.

Wilks had a fantastic plan for DK in this game and though they did get the one shot to him, it's why he was so quiet and they used DK against the Hawks, actually. They kept baiting Lock into looking to Metcalf on alert fades and it caused him to be off rhythm on his reads. My video today is all defense and it's long. There was so much good in this game. Much better than the score would suggest.

Originally posted by thl408:
Wild

This is the kind of disguising that earns the pass rush another few ticks to get home. I've never seen one safety cross the other safety to get to their landmark like on this play.

From the endzone - what happened was Ja'Yir Brown got confused on which side he was supposed to take. You could see Gip yelling at him and motioning him to the other side, he turned and had an "oh crap" moment and hurried over. That's why they crossed over. But, here's my full breakdown out now(I'll start the coaches film thread or someone else can but I'm on my way to pick up my daughter):

• thl408
From the endzone - what happened was Ja'Yir Brown got confused on which side he was supposed to take. You could see Gip yelling at him and motioning him to the other side, he turned and had an "oh crap" moment and hurried over. That's why they crossed over. But, here's my full breakdown out now(I'll start the coaches film thread or someone else can but I'm on my way to pick up my daughter):

Yeah start another thread.
lol I thought it was some super disguise having the safety run completely to the other side of the field.
Originally posted by thl408:
Wild

Should Drew Lock have thrown it to the Slot Fade? Fred looked like he had it relatively covered, but it did look like the slot had a step there to the sideline, away from the safety. Or too tight of a throw?
I sort of wish Wilks would tamp down that new trend where the entire defense celebrates in the end zone when a play is made. Especially after watching the Phins make complete asses out of themselves last night, right before choking up a 14 point lead with under 5 minutes left. I have to imagine if Miami's D put as much thought and effort into playing the game as they do choreographing celebrations they may have been able to stop at least ONE of those last minute TDs.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I sort of wish Wilks would tamp down that new trend where the entire defense celebrates in the end zone when a play is made. Especially after watching the Phins make complete asses out of themselves last night, right before choking up a 14 point lead with under 5 minutes left. I have to imagine if Miami's D put as much thought and effort into playing the game as they do choreographing celebrations they may have been able to stop at least ONE of those last minute TDs.

what do you classify as new? cuz thats not a new trend imo, kinda old now tbh

I blacked out right about the time we did it in the endzone at the Super Bowl. Perfect timing.

I like how taunting is illegal, yet the entire team collectively taunting and posing for the cameras after a turnover is perfectly legal, nothing to see here,

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I like how taunting is illegal, yet the entire team collectively taunting and posing for the cameras after a turnover is perfectly legal, nothing to see here,

We need to bring this back.

I'm not saying it illegal lol, just that it makes them look dumb. Especially when they lose.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

one of my faves
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I totally forgot about that haha. Aldon man. Imo the biggest waste of potential in niner history. Could've been an all timer if he put down the bottle.

Its when they do it towards the players of the other team, thats what they're trying to limit. They can celly for the fans though.
Share 49ersWebzone