• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dude needs to teach the team how to tackle again this week.

Yeah Fred Warner has never learned how to. How has he made it to this point in his career? Just amazing

Definitely one of Fred's worst games.

Exactly and it's why I'm not worried about the defense. They have been playing great for the better part of the season against much better teams than the Cardinals. Injuries and an off game by your best happens. They will play better next week.

Agree with you both.

In my opinion Fred takes weaker opponent games off. Seen it a few times this year.

Also had to work more with the RBs getting through where Armstead and Hargrave usually are.

That is a theme with most of the team. Deebo runs lazy routes when not involved, things like that. I will say though, I'm not sure they could maintain an incredibly high level 100% of the time.

You make a good point.
we see the value of AA when he is not out there, this happened last season also
Bad game by our defense tackling wise , specifically the linebackers. Need to clean that up next week
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Hargrave too. You have to have them.
Gonna need to outscore Baltimore next week if the #1 DT's are still out.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Gonna need to outscore Baltimore next week if the #1 DT's are still out.

They will play. They had a week off.
I honestly think the same strategy could work. Make Lamar throw from the pocket and we win. Even if they give up a ton of yards. I don't want to see him run 150 yards and have to throw less than 25 times.

Even if we gashed in the run by their RB I'd rather have that than lamar rollout and have both the run and throw options.

We probably will need 40 to beat the ravens anyway so the offense will need to roll. Our defense is overrated.

It has to be close in the first half for purdy to get on a roll then wear them out and blow them out in the second half. We just can't get buried early.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Dec 17, 2023 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
I honestly think the same strategy could work. Make Lamar throw from the pocket and we win. Even if they give up a ton of yards. I don't want to see him run 150 yards and have to throw less than 25 times.

Even if we gashed in the run by their RB I'd rather have that than lamar rollout and have both the run and throw options.

We probably will need 40 to beat the ravens anyway so the offense will need to roll. Our defense is overrated.

Lamar is a much better QB than Hurts though but on the flipside he has like no weapons
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think the defense just looked sloppy for the most part. Too many missed tackles for my liking. I'm sure they'll be much better next week
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I think the defense just looked sloppy for the most part. Too many missed tackles for my liking. I'm sure they'll be much better next week
To me, it felt like they were just scrimmaging some of the time

• DrEll
  • Veteran
He needs the first quarter to figure things out. We've fallen behind in 3 straight games now because Wilks looks lost in the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

Not impressed

You can tell who understands football by how they talk about AA. Lol defense is not the same without him, same way last year.

hargrave is a stud too. We can get by with maybe one but not both out.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

To me, it felt like they were just scrimmaging some of the time

I feel like the defense wasn't that focused. Like they just wanted this game over and tried to do "just enough".

we should be a lot healthier and focused against the ravens.

It has to be close in the first half for purdy to get on a roll then wear them out and blow them out in the second half. We just can't get buried early.

Lamar is legitimately good in the pocket and will burn you there too
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Lamar is legitimately good in the pocket and will burn you there too

All I know is the Niners D better be ready for Lamar next game.

Despite what you are watching tonight this man is a wrecking machine.
Share 49ersWebzone