There are 127 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't know if it's coaching, fatigue, or peaking-too-soon etc. but the defense has been looking more and more off the last few games. Not to mention the poor tackling going on.
[ Edited by ninerFate on Dec 25, 2023 at 8:15 PM ]
Not a Wilks hater but for whatever reason the Defense has underperformed their talent level all season
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Wish we had this year's offense with any of the last 3 years defense.
I feel like he tried the same gameplan as we did with hurts. Put some pressure but don't push to hard. The problem is Jackson is way better than hurts. So if we are fortunate enough to meet them again I hope they have a different plan lol
Originally posted by ninerFate:
Don't know if it's coaching, fatigue, or peaking-too-soon etc. but the defense has been looking more and more off the last few games. Not to mention the poor tackling going on.

2 games ago was Philly. With that said, the defense had the deck stacked against them going against a top 5 offense with an elite QB.
As a fan I would just like to watch one single game and think "damn out Dline absolutely dominated that game".
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Not a Wilks hater but for whatever reason the Defense has underperformed their talent level all season

the O failed us tonight more so than anything
Does any team in the league spend as much on defense as the Niners? Kinda feel like Wilks is the defensive equivalent of Josh McDaniels in the NFL.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
As a fan I would just like to watch one single game and think "damn out Dline absolutely dominated that game".

Jacksonville game available on NFL +.
Not a Wilkes fan but it's not his fault the 49ers spent everything on a Dline that underperforms every single game.

Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Not a Wilkes fan but it's not his fault the 49ers spent everything on a Dline that underperforms every single game.

So Kocurek?
I dont really have many questions towards Wilks aside from the weird Ambry/Verrett swap

The defense didnt have a great game, but it wasnt awful either. They gave up 16 points in the first half when offense turned it over thrice. They kept the game close for a while because offense was sabotaging the game.

Wilks also cant be responsible for poor tackling, hes not out there tackling. He also wasnt the one losing contain on Lamar in clear contain situations.

The Ravens statistically didn't do all that amazing on offense. They gained 325 yards, which would be their 5th lowest total this season. They converted 4 out of 11 third downs. They got a safety (with a ref assist) and were three for six in the redzone.

Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:

If all that talent is underperforming he needs to look in the mirror
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mcwoot:

the O failed us tonight more so than anything

This. Can't blame the defense when the offense is handing out INT's in bunches.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Last nights game was terrible all around. We have a veteran team that will need that bye week.
Share 49ersWebzone