There are 129 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
dang Christmas miracle we had 5 TOs and held BAL to 33
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm bitter about this game, because I feel like SF is better, but things got weird, bounces, penalties, deflections, injuries. not trying for excuses, i see what i see. Baltimore is good, but SF beat themselves. I agree, the defense was amazing at times, 3:0 turnover ratio at halftime, and a 4 point game. I very much hope to see a rematch in the SB.......
Originally posted by BP13:
I'm bitter about this game, because I feel like SF is better, but things got weird, bounces, penalties, deflections, injuries. not trying for excuses, i see what i see. Baltimore is good, but SF beat themselves. I agree, the defense was amazing at times, 3:0 turnover ratio at halftime, and a 4 point game. I very much hope to see a rematch in the SB.......

Balty not good, they just got lucky w/all the TOs... no way a team can win from that..

if you think about it, we were actually still there until KYLE stupidly called a PRETTY play inside the 3 yard line instead of just using the best RBs (Juicy & Fruity) to score..

had we scored a quick TD there, then who knows, we could have recover the ON SIDE kick..

I'm right there with you, I am not ready to concede BAL is better, we have a better roster. Sometimes the game goes sideways. Hitner was talking about how it's a blessing in disguise. This game resets the focus, gets the guys back on the grind. D held up imo, we very nearly had it to a one score game, with a neg 5 turnover margin, that's crazy.

A lot of tipped balls, or balls that should have been caught, the one to Snead led to an INT, I'd say 2 were on Purdy, the other 2 weren't on Purdy, INT wise.
  • thl408
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

A lot of tipped balls, or balls that should have been caught, the one to Snead led to an INT, I'd say 2 were on Purdy, the other 2 weren't on Purdy, INT wise.

Some podcast mentioned how it was good for Purdy, the least experienced player of significance, to see how BAL plays and if there's a rematch he'll be better off now that he has seen that defense up close and personal. Same applies for the 49er defense although most of those players have seen Lamar before. He really is a mismatch problem and is difficult to prepare for.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Some podcast mentioned how it was good for Purdy, the least experienced player of significance, to see how BAL plays and if there's a rematch he'll be better off now that he has seen that defense up close and personal. Same applies for the 49er defense although most of those players have seen Lamar before. He really is a mismatch problem and is difficult to prepare for.

I agree except imagine if we don't have 5 turnovers. Then how well would the defense have been? I would say they were on their way to holding Baltimore to 20 or less. It's unfair to judge them with the final score and that 3rd and 4th quarter. They were on their way to a status quo performance imo
[ Edited by Silky on Dec 27, 2023 at 11:28 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
I agree except imagine if we don't have 5 turnovers. Then how well would the defense have been? I would say they were on their way to holding Baltimore to 20 or less. It's unfair to judge them with the final score and that 3rd and 4th quarter. They were on their way to a status quo performance imo

💯 Agree. If we would've scored the 1st TD that got intercepted that game would've been ugly for the Ravens.

You know i was critical of him earlier in the season and still believe they are somewhat underachieving, but even I said the same thing before regarding the ravens game. The defense wasn't the problem. They did very well within the context of this game. It was a s**t show on offense.
What's the freakin deal with so many missed tackles and additional yardage after the first point of contact with this team??
Holy ish, they are putrid when it comes to tackling and it's almost a guarantee that we will see offensive players gain ne less than 5 yards after the first contact from any of our defenders.

Whatever the hell the issues are that's causing this, it needs to be fixed.

I agree completely
I hope we are ready for a rematch with great game planning & better play from the offense to help out
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Last year we were the #2 ranked total defense (yards). This year we're #11. He is the downgrade we all expected him to be.
I'd imagine we see a bit more vanilla today with the possibility of Verrett and Logan starting.
I'm back to disliking this guy lol
Share 49ersWebzone