There are 155 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So the OC for the Lions isn't even a top 5 OC according to this…

Hmm...

This seems more like a popularity contest than anything. Ravens D coordinator is doing more with far less at his disposal than Wilks. The one thing about Wilks that everyone agrees on is that his players love him.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
This seems more like a popularity contest than anything. Ravens D coordinator is doing more with far less at his disposal than Wilks.

I guess that means one is better than the other, right?
Originally posted by Cosmo:
This seems more like a popularity contest than anything. Ravens D coordinator is doing more with far less at his disposal than Wilks. The one thing about Wilks that everyone agrees on is that his players love him.

Ravens defensive back room is a LOT more talented than the Niners db room. Mooney is really the only elite or close to elite DB player we have. Their LBs are also really good and are comparable

The Dline is the only thing the Niners have that is a clearly better unit talent-wise. From pass rushing standpoint.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Jan 7, 2024 at 12:50 PM ]
I just dont like how passive we are on D. We have too much talent to be bend but dont break.

The lack of pass rush relative to the DL talent bothers me.

I feel like the quick outs are always open.

We play too soft with out coverage too often.

You don't get this type of fire and emotions from the box.... he was so done

Lol
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
The pass rush last year was pretty stagnate outside of Bosa. So the sack numbers being comparable to last year isn't saying much to me. We've traded for two DE's and haven't really seen any tangible results. Hopefully Gregory and Young can make a difference in the playoffs. Not to mention the big bucks paid for Hargrave. These guys should be better than last year.

That's a weird take. The rest of the line is a lot better, it's Bosa that has half as many sacks as last year.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Lol

Kinlaw with the excellent angle there. LOL
Thru 16 games we were 2nd in PPG/Allowed, not bad, gave up 21, but with reserves in at every position, except it seemed Chase Young played a lot, or was it just me?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thru 16 games we were 2nd in PPG/Allowed, not bad, gave up 21, but with reserves in at every position, except it seemed Chase Young played a lot, or was it just me?

Yeah, I noticed Young out there a lot.

But that's good, he needs the reps and confidence.

Checking the Rooney rule box.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol yup
Yeah no way they hire a DC to coach Hebert.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol yup

That's probably the gist of it. I just don't see where the chargers are hiring another defensive coach to be in charge after been a dumpster fire with a defensive head coach. Nearly all the time a team goes the opposite direction and hires somebody from the other side of the ball. But the chargers don't know what the f**k they're doing so who knows.
Share 49ersWebzone