There are 258 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

You don't get this type of fire and emotions from the box.... he was so done

Lol

This was all of us, he had every right to react like this!!
You don't need a HC to coach your QB lol. IMO it's all about who they can bring in around them and how they lead the team. I don't buy the Rooney rule stuff.

You don't need to interview a legit HC candidate for something like that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 8, 2024 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

You don't get this type of fire and emotions from the box.... he was so done

Lol

This was all of us, he had every right to react like this!!

my reaction to the majority of Wilks thread posts here or in GD thread
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Checking the Rooney rule box.

Lol yup

That's probably the gist of it. I just don't see where the chargers are hiring another defensive coach to be in charge after been a dumpster fire with a defensive head coach. Nearly all the time a team goes the opposite direction and hires somebody from the other side of the ball. But the chargers don't know what the f**k they're doing so who knows.

Yeah usually teams go opposite. However when the Chargers hire Bill Belichick and go with another defensive coach it will be understandable

terrible post
one of our own, and treated like dirt all year
maybe, how about this, he can coach
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
terrible post

Criticized by groups of fans online is hardly treated like dirt my friend. Comes with the job.

terrible post

Imma stick with Rooney rule
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
s**t already getting interviewed!!! I thought he would be here at least two seasons. If Wilks leaves, Ron Rivera it is.
damn i hope no one hires him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Pretty soon there will be nothing but Shanahan assistant coaches in the NFL. And he will own them ALL!!!!!!!!

terrible post

Criticized by groups of fans online is hardly treated like dirt my friend. Comes with the job.

Criticized for what tho? I see Hangman 52 say he sucks every single week. No argument attached, other than a simple F on his report card, with no explanation..

Okay well now he's getting HC interviews. So certain opinions look more and more foolish over time..

There is zero question, if you read this thread, or the GD thread, he has been unfairly critiqued far more than he deserves. And there is often no critique at all, just a he sucks style statement.. We at one point had three separate threads, asking for his job. As the tweet says, we are top 3 in points and top 10 in both pts and yards. Even as part of the hiring cycle, we dog him. I've been impressed since he got here.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
s**t already getting interviewed!!! I thought he would be here at least two seasons. If Wilks leaves, Ron Rivera it is.

Rivera hasn't been a DC in 15 years. I don't know why people suddenly think he'd do a great job. If anything he's shown himself to be inflexible and stubborn.

If Wilks leaves, I want someone young with fresh ideas that wants to prove themselves and move up the coaching ranks, nor some retread fossil.
Criticized for what tho? I see Hangman 52 say he sucks every single week. No argument attached, other than a simple F on his report card, with no explanation..

Okay well now he's getting HC interviews. So certain opinions look more and more foolish over time..

There is zero question, if you read this thread, or the GD thread, he has been unfairly critiqued far more than he deserves. And there is often no critique at all, just a he sucks style statement.. We at one point had three separate threads, asking for his job. As the tweet says, we are top 3 in points and top 10 in both pts and yards. Even as part of the hiring cycle, we dog him. I've been impressed since he got here.

You can disagree with criticism and think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Does not matter. Hangman or anybody else's 'unfair' posts and criticism is not treating him like dirt. It's not even relevant.

The closest thing he got to poor treatment was being publicly called out by Kyle. Feel free to disagree with it. Your opinion is your own.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

terrible post

Imma stick with Rooney rule

Shanny doing more for ethnic coaching hires than the Rooney Rule.

You can disagree with criticism and think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Does not matter. Hangman or anybody else's 'unfair' posts and criticism is not treating him like dirt. It's not even relevant.

The closest thing he got to poor treatment was being publicly called out by Kyle. Feel free to disagree with it. Your opinion is your own.

We do this every year. It's called scapegoating. Last year McG was the scapegoat. Ppl would say he's straight trash, then he signed for $87m. I get similar vibes in this thread. Lil difference between WZ perception and NFL perception, of reality.
Share 49ersWebzone