There are 136 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

You don't get this type of fire and emotions from the box.... he was so done

Lol

This was all of us, he had every right to react like this!!

Absolutely was me for sure!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
s**t already getting interviewed!!! I thought he would be here at least two seasons. If Wilks leaves, Ron Rivera it is.

Rivera hasn't been a DC in 15 years. I don't know why people suddenly think he'd do a great job. If anything he's shown himself to be inflexible and stubborn.

If Wilks leaves, I want someone young with fresh ideas that wants to prove themselves and move up the coaching ranks, nor some retread fossil.

Agreed
s**t already getting interviewed!!! I thought he would be here at least two seasons. If Wilks leaves, Ron Rivera it is.

Rivera hasn't been a DC in 15 years. I don't know why people suddenly think he'd do a great job. If anything he's shown himself to be inflexible and stubborn.

If Wilks leaves, I want someone young with fresh ideas that wants to prove themselves and move up the coaching ranks, nor some retread fossil.

Yeah!! Get Rex Ryan in here!
Wink Martindale is available
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
We do this every year. It's called scapegoating. Last year McG was the scapegoat. Ppl would say he's straight trash, then he signed for $87m. I get similar vibes in this thread. Lil difference between WZ perception and NFL perception, of reality.

Unless you're saying Kyle scapegoated Wilks, then this is beside the point. Criticism from fans is always going to happen. You can disagree with the criticism all day, but Wilks hasn't been treated like dirt all year. You just don't agree with the criticism because points and yards. Fans don't have to agree with you, lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Lol relax I'm just messing around. Of course I'd want another DeMeco Ryans!!

I vote for mullet Belichick.

Nah your post makes it make even more cents now. He traded Chase Young to us cause he knew he would end up here as the DC next year.
Criticized for what tho? I see Hangman 52 say he sucks every single week. No argument attached, other than a simple F on his report card, with no explanation..

Okay well now he's getting HC interviews. So certain opinions look more and more foolish over time..

There is zero question, if you read this thread, or the GD thread, he has been unfairly critiqued far more than he deserves. And there is often no critique at all, just a he sucks style statement.. We at one point had three separate threads, asking for his job. As the tweet says, we are top 3 in points and top 10 in both pts and yards. Even as part of the hiring cycle, we dog him. I've been impressed since he got here.

You can disagree with criticism and think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Does not matter. Hangman or anybody else's 'unfair' posts and criticism is not treating him like dirt. It's not even relevant.

The closest thing he got to poor treatment was being publicly called out by Kyle. Feel free to disagree with it. Your opinion is your own.

We do this every year. It's called scapegoating. Last year McG was the scapegoat. Ppl would say he's straight trash, then he signed for $87m. I get similar vibes in this thread. Lil difference between WZ perception and NFL perception, of reality.
McG signing for $87m doesn't change the fact that he was trash its simply supply & demand.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
McG signing for $87m doesn't change the fact that he was trash its simply supply & demand.

No it does, cuz you can find guys for a lot cheaper, who are trash. One doesn't have to spend $87m for trash.

Originally posted by DaleGribble:

No it does, cuz you can find guys for a lot cheaper, who are trash. One doesn't have to spend $87m for trash.

Ask Bronco fans how they like McFlinchey.
One guy that would be interesting if he were available would be Ryan Nielsen who did a great job in revamping the Falcons defense this year. He's a former DL coach that utilizes a variety of creative stunts and blitzes to confuse offenses. The Falcons went from 18 and 21 sacks in the two years before he got there to 42 sacks this season.

The entire DL would eat real good with this guy as the playcaller.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Hasn't he graded out as one the worst starting tackles in the league? Definitely as far as pass blocking goes.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Hasn't he graded out as one the worst starting tackles in the league? Definitely as far as pass blocking goes.

definitely not worth the contract that he got, but they had money to go around.
I guess we don't have to fire him anymore, he will see himself out lol..just get us a damn ring first haha
Share 49ersWebzone