LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 168 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
s**t already getting interviewed!!! I thought he would be here at least two seasons. If Wilks leaves, Ron Rivera it is.

Rivera hasn't been a DC in 15 years. I don't know why people suddenly think he'd do a great job. If anything he's shown himself to be inflexible and stubborn.

If Wilks leaves, I want someone young with fresh ideas that wants to prove themselves and move up the coaching ranks, nor some retread fossil.

Yeah!! Get Rex Ryan in here!

I'd go hard after Zimmer
I think the man deserves a second chance but I hope he stays here. I like the growth and I think he's respected as a man and coach. Selfishly I'd like him to stay another year
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Ask Bronco fans how they like McFlinchey.

Hasn't he graded out as one the worst starting tackles in the league? Definitely as far as pass blocking goes.

definitely not worth the contract that he got, but they had money to go around.

Right and the position is ultra thin league wide.

Hasn't he graded out as one the worst starting tackles in the league? Definitely as far as pass blocking goes.

Quality o line guys will get overpaid this off season too. It's probably the thinnest position across the league right now.
I really don't see what would make Wilks a good HC.
Pretty soon there will be nothing but Shanahan assistant coaches in the NFL. And he will own them ALL!!!!!!!!

I feel like this could happen lol
Criticized by groups of fans online is hardly treated like dirt my friend. Comes with the job.

Can only criticize Kyle Shananhan, Trey Lance and OL not named Trent Williams. Jimmy, Sam Darnold and Steve Wilkes are untouchable.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 8, 2024 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I really don't see what would make Wilks a good HC.

But you are not the hot mess that is the Chargers lol. They are thinking Jim H too I think. Guessing they would pick H over Wilks if they have the option
Originally posted by Montana:
But you are not the hot mess that is the Chargers lol. They are thinking Jim H too I think. Guessing they would pick H over Wilks if they have the option

Theyll also take a look at Johnson from Detroit if they don't want to pay Harbaughs cost.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Quality o line guys will get overpaid this off season too. It's probably the thinnest position across the league right now.

I don't think you guys understand… MM got paid a lot so he's not trash /s

Originally posted by Waterbear:

I don't think you guys understand… MM got paid a lot so he's not trash /s

Yeah the Broncos don't give away huge contracts and end up regretting it. That's a daneruss way to build a team
I think the man deserves a second chance but I hope he stays here. I like the growth and I think he's respected as a man and coach. Selfishly I'd like him to stay another year

I selfishly want him to stay another year so that we can get a comp pick when he gets a HC job
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Pretty soon there will be nothing but Shanahan assistant coaches in the NFL. And he will own them ALL!!!!!!!!

I feel like this could happen lol

Happily take a 3rd for Wilks👍
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I selfishly want him to stay another year so that we can get a comp pick when he gets a HC job

Wouldn't we get one if he gets a HC job this off season?
Wouldn't we get one if he gets a HC job this off season?

Nah. Needs to be here one more year apparently.
Share 49ersWebzone