There are 161 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Would you say the pass defense is better than last year? Currently ranked 19th. Last season 13th.

ranked in what?

we allowed 3789 pass yds and 20 pass TDs last year, with 20 INTs
3642 and 20 TDs this year with 22 INTs

yds per attempt we are 5th this year
11th last year
key is not to get wrapped up in rankings
Originally posted by NYniner85:

all the Wilks haters read it and weep

not a hater, but believing everything you read on the internet is not a good practice.. because everyone is great when interviews come around
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not a hater, but believing everything you read on the internet is not a good practice.. because everyone is great when interviews come around

three threads wanting him fired on here
a HC candidate in reality
this is our WZ

this is our WZ
when Josh can get two shots at a HC job, anything is possible lol

is he 3rd rd comp eligible ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 9, 2024 at 6:53 PM ]

Hmm...the webzone is part of the internet, so by your logic you, everyone else on here, and the billions across the world that use the internet are all lying, what should we do? Where is the truth? How do we find it?
Yes, if Wilks were to get a HC job this year, we would get a 3rd round comp pick for the 2024, and 2025 drafts. Would be nice to see Wilks get a HC job, and us the draft picks.
I'm amazed the DC in Baltimore isn't a top coach candidate.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Yes, if Wilks were to get a HC job this year, we would get a 3rd round comp pick for the 2024, and 2025 drafts. Would be nice to see Wilks get a HC job, and us the draft picks.

9ers would get nothing. Has to be a coach 2 years.

Anthony Lynn is the guy who would comp the team a pick.
Originally posted by Ark49er:

Hmm...the webzone is part of the internet, so by your logic you, everyone else on here, and the billions across the world that use the internet are all lying, what should we do? Where is the truth? How do we find it?
Believe me when i say, you shouldn't believe everything.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

this is our WZ

No serious person thinks he should be fired.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ark49er:

Believe me when i say, you shouldn't believe everything.

Yeah trying to convince me billions of idiots on the internet represent some truth is hilarious.
Ward credits his growing relationship with his 1-year-old daughter, Amani Joi, as well as defensive coordinator Steve Wilks' support for his increased production on the field. Wilks' background with the secondary has been felt throughout the 49ers' roster.

"He helped my game out a lot," Mooney said of Wilks. "Every time I walk by him, he tells me I'm a bad MFer. He's been believing in me all season even when I was getting a lot of flags. He kept saying keep playing your game, and that's what I've been doing."
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I'm amazed the DC in Baltimore isn't a top coach candidate.

Other franchises love to poach the 49er's organisation - I truly thought they'd have at least 2 seasons before teams started their enquiries.
Originally posted by Crown:

this is our WZ

No serious person thinks he should be fired.

He shouldn't be fired but he's the equivalent of a game manager in coaching form. It's easy to be good when purdy buries teams 2-3 scores by the middle of the third quarter. He only has to coach for just over a half...

I also didn't see any stone wall performances. It's either our defense was overrated or wilks is not getting their potential, whichever side you want to believe.

Going into the season with bosa paired with Hargrave and armstead I had the belief we would have been much better than last year...
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Jan 9, 2024 at 11:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone